www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been wondering some opinions for when your on a PUBLIC course..
you hit an ace...
is it ok to put a name/date on either the post or the back of the sign...
just curious if its frowned upon, i'm not sure cause i love seein someones name and kinda sharing there excitment especially on the crazy holes...

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Graffiti.
Sign your disc and post the ace on DGR'us!
Installed courses and feel it is a slap in the face to the sport.
At the Debary course in Florida, there is an actual Hole-N-One sign. Where you can post your ACE!
Don't sign the tee sign or the basket.

So proud of your ace? get a tattoo.
I don't see the problem with it. I think its funny that its a distraction to some people like you can't stop reading the scribbles long enough to putt! Maybe its because grafitti/street art is part of my local culture ind roesnt bother me.
i would say no, if you get a ace just sign your disc instead.
i would have to say NO...sign your disc and get everyone with you to sign it also. i think some poeple would take it to far with the grafitti and we need to try to help keep the courses clean.

jc
be good
have fun
i like the sign disc method better especially when it is the local clubs that help to keep the course looking the best why harm or deface it.
I think it depends on the course. Here in Oregon I have never seen a basket signed, just sign the disc. Up in Idaho I played at Corbin park and almost all the baskets are signed. They are Innova disccatchers and they are signed inside the top rim of the basket.

Clubs should post a sign on their reader board if it is ok or not.
yup, do it.
No, it is vandalism.
Sign your disc, you own it.
Then come to this social site and tell everyone!
Parks departments want to pull the course before they will clean the course.
It would be fine if it did not get out of hand.
The problem is punks see your writing on it and it never ends.
They start writing stupid comments and adding stickers until it looks like trash.
Do not start and this will not happen.
Tips on how to save your course...
Clean up the vandalism before it is discovered by the parks department or the punks.
I seem to be removing a lot of skate stickers off our tee signs lately!
After an ace, I usually like to pull the basket out of the ground and heave it up into the nearest tree. Then I cut down the second nearest tree and make a sign from it with my name & date so everyone knows.

golfers are always asking why I carry bolt cutters and a chain saw in my bag.
I have one ace. I asked the people in my group to sign the disc, but the thought never occurred to sign the sign (too redundant).

That said, we just had an Aces Wild (see Terry Miller) in the area, and my ten-year-old played. Whenever aces came up, our group asked her to sign their discs, and this made her feel important while also learning a valuable anti-vandalism lesson.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968