www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am considering buying a Pro Katana because I had a Star Katana and I didn't like the flat top and how overstable it was. I had originally thrown the Lemon Lake Star Katana so I was disappointed with the newer flat top Star Katanas. Would love to hook up a Lemon Lake but I think that they are probably very hard to come by anymore. So I saw a Pro Katana the other day and I am considering getting that and having a custom dye made on it. I just don't have any Pro plastic so I don't know if it is any good. I really love the Star plastic but in this case it won't do.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pro plastic had the best grip
Pro is some of the best plastic and has the most glide.
It breaks in slowly and stays broken in for a long time.
Try your favorite drivers in Pro plastic, break them in, and watch the magic.
Keep them clean and sanded smooth for optimal performance.
There is a huge difference in the Pro and Star Katanas as far as stability.
The Pro Katana has a load of glide right out of the box, but works even better when broken in.
The Flat top Star Katanas are going to be super sweet once they are broken in...so keep throwing it!
Jim, the pro katana I got was nothing like the lemon lake katana I have. I had the same issue with the stock run of the katana... too flat and too overstable. The lemon lake ones are not as overstable and have just a little dome, though I wouldn't call them a "pop-top" disc. The pro first run I got was really flippy right out of the box. Too much so. So if you're looking for a lemon lake equivalent you won't find it there. What you might try is a pro boss instead. I would say my pro bosses were almost identical at the start to that of the lemon lake katana.
I have a line on a Lemon Lake Katana and I think that I'm just going to buy it.
Glad to hear it... I know from this and other threads that it was a great disc for you.
I have a max and min weight pro katana if you are around the D hit me up good price used just a few times
I only had a chance to throw the Lemon Lake Star Katana back in January when my friend had one and let me throw it. It worked well for me. Then he was telling me that the Star Katanas would be coming out later in the year (June I believe). I waited with anticipation only to be disappointed that they were not the same at all. Gave my Star Katana away. So if I can hook up a Lemon Lake Katana I think that it will work great for me. But thanks for your offer. What color was the one you had anyway? I'm partial to red and orange.
Orange with metallic blue hotstamp.
Okay, correction... it's bright yellow-orange with a silver iridescent (really awesome) hotstamp. The x-out stamp is metallic blue. It was x'ed out because of one tiny dot that is more of a true orange. I think it's a nice looking disc.
Nope....they changed the formula and now after a few rounds they are beat to heck...might have more luck with the DX plastic in terms of wear.
That sounds like a nice disc. I went with the 168g disc just because it's more in my preferred weight range. I will keep that in mind however if I hear of anyone looking for a Lemon Lake. Too bad there isn't a "For Sale" section here.

I have a friend who might be interested. I will ask around.
I've been digging my Pro Starfire for a decent part of this season and it has worked out well for me. Once this disc becomes a little more beat it'll be an awesome D disc. I like the grip on Pro and it stays in the sweet spot longer than DX once you get them broken in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968