www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyones chucking one nowadays. They say supersoft or medium flex and they are all hard as a stone.

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Wizard is VERY popular, always has been. The problem is finding one that feels right to you, there are so many different levels of firmness in between every "flexibility" that they produce. There are dozens, maybe even close to 100 different Wizard flexibility's out there. Its actually rather frustrating, if you find a few you like they are amazing, but lose them and you are screwed trying to find new ones to match.

Edit: The recent growth in Wizard users has been aided since 2009 when Nikko Locastro burst onto the NT scene. But they have always been Gateway Disc Sports #1 disc.

I was a Wizard junkie and I still use it on crazy windy days, but going to a less stable putter has improved my game big time!

To each his own and more so when it comes to putter, but I urge you to try something less stable like an APX (my fav), Magic?, Pure, Beadless Aviar. You will soon see a big diff in your long range putting!

The Wizard can't be too overstable.  Looks like it has the same numbers as the kc pro aviar....probably one of the most popular putters.  I do agree though that my putting has been much improved since I switched from a rhyno to a dart.  I can keep a much longer line, plus it stays in the air longer having more glide.  

As much as I loved my first magic trying to replace was just to much. Switched to Omega and have been happy up until they recently switched to R-pro plastic.... good thing I'm stocked up on old ones.

For the majority of my putting I use a ss organic wizard.  This putter is perfect for me, it has the feel of an old omega supersoft.  After buying my first two I quickly went out and bought four more because I know what it's like trying to replace a putter.  For long putts I like my soft magic.  It's less stable then the wizard and is a little firmer, great for long putts.  

i also use an omega.  how do you know if it is r pro?

I Putt with a JK Pro Aviar - X .  I do have a SSS Wizard in Glow though.

The nice part of the Gateway putters, and therefore the Wizard, is the wide variety of plastics they come in.  Ranging from hard (Medium plastic) which is similar to KC Pro plastic, down to the gummiest Super Stupid Soft.  I range my usage of Wizards depending on what I want them for.  I buy a softer putter if I want to beat it in for longer putts and turnover shots.  And a harder putter for my normal putting.  As others have noted, if you find one you really like, try to get duplicates quick, it can be hard to replace the exact feel.

No, the WIzard is a great putter, but the consistency of Gateway's plastic is hit and miss. If you really want a consistent set of Wizards (or any other of thier discs), call the good people at the Gateway factory; if you tell them what you're looking for, they can find it. They understand the flex of each run they produce.

You can tell by the feel of it for the most part, feels chalky I guess. They beat up very quick. I think the black ones are in non r-pro plastic but I also picked them up from a vendor so they could be old ones. 

The numbers are not accurate. The Wizard is more overstable that the KC Pro. I throw both, and that is consistently the case.

Agreed, the Wizard has a bit more stability than the KCs I've thrown.  It didn't seem to effect my putting, but it did tend to throw off my short tee shots with the KC Aviar.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968