www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In other words can you enforce a policy of saying something like tags need to be played for every two weeks or they get forfeited?

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today the guy with the #6 tag showed up at league and did not play for his tag. He said that he didn't need to, even though he signed a piece of paper that states in no uncertain terms that top 20 tags must be played for at least once every 3 weeks in a league event. That is to prevent someone from just playing for a tag amongst the same three friends. Pretty lame. What is he afraid of? He shot even and would have left with the #12 tag. A tag hoarder is a tag hoarder. Not much respect for that guy anymore.

Here is our Bag Tag Rules : 

http://sandiegoaces.com/bag-tag-rules/

I Feel that if you own a Bag Tag , you should always play for it When asked !! It is Part of Having a Bag Tag. I don't care if you just played 3 matches , in a row , if you are still willing to play more , the Bag Tag is still on the line !

I have even seen some players , that once they have a good number in the Bag Tag Rotation , they will only play Doubles from here on out for the rest of the season.

The Bag Tag , each person has , should always be played for. It is part of the Fun and Camaraderie , some just don't understand. They are not at the Course for other players. Some are so selfish , they will play only once to get a Good Tag , then not even play for the Rest of the Year !!!!!  I have seen it and Heard it from other Players. They have sent me Emails and Phone Calls to do something about it , since I sell Bag Tags and Disc's.  The Best thing I can do is Contact the Player ( S ) in question and bring up each Issue to our Executive Disc Golf Club Board. I will make note of each Player's Offensive situation , document it , and pass it on to each Board member as a reminder or for Future reference of each Individual player. I don't like this type of " Babysitting" players , but until I know of a better way to deal with each Player , It is all I have now. 

Most players are pretty good and don't really mind being beat by a better player. I have even heard of some players , giving strokes to make it more even.

Well last Saturday we got the guy with the #6 tag to play for it. And after all of that he ended up keeping it.

Hopefully he figured it out. A little bit of threat and a bit of shame got him to play for it. He is a decent guy too. Don't know what he was thinking.

So we are about halfway through our league season (March until first of October) and five of the top 20 tags have gone missing. That is someone has played for and won a top 20 tag but didn't report back in that they have it. And the club won't reprint those tags. So our rules are pretty much dead at the moment. Last Monday night at singles league we did have five top 20 tags show up to play so that was good. But there are some now who are probably just sitting on those top 20 tags or won't report that they have it because they don't want to have to challenge for it. Those five top 20 tags are pretty much null and void now. The club should just reissue those numbers and be done with it but it seems that they aren't going to enforce the rules so it is a moot point.

The good news is that all of the top 10 tags are still in play.

http://montarborsfl.wix.com/ppfdc

Well, a couple of weeks later and almost all of the top 20 tags are accounted for. Not that everyone is playing for their tag but at least the only tag we don't know who has it is the 20 tag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968