www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In other words can you enforce a policy of saying something like tags need to be played for every two weeks or they get forfeited?

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a Plan. Make sure you have guidelines ahead of time.

Maybe even have each Club member , sign a waiver, with rules stating, required challenges to be played in a certain time frame.

This will enforce player responsibility.

If some do not play by the Rules / Guidelines , their Bag Tags will be taken away or traded to the challenger.

We just had a situation come up where the guy who had the #1 tag walked off of a round because he was losing. Apparently he had done this before. So there were some angry disc golfers and the club president decided to get a new #1 tag made and the guy who was trying to hold onto the #1 tag without following the rules is getting banned from league play. This just happened so it will take a bit of time to see how all of this plays out. Unfortunate that it had to come to that but the new #1 tag will go into circulation tomorrow at singles league.

if the prez made the call,,then its all good,,cause you got along year ahead,,a player just cant bail out during a round...

we play if a guy DNFs a tag round he loses the round.. period

Our Rules , here in San Diego state , If you leave during the round , for any reason , you forfeit your tag and take the Highest number tag in the group and pay up if any money is also played for.

I think that people need to start throwing their tags in at the beginning of the round and let one person hold them. This happens during singles league. We don't usually do this for casual rounds but it would preclude situations just like this.

The guy who was removed from league play and had the #1 tag pulled jumped on the forum and told everyone to "kiss his as$", that he did nothing wrong. I just left it up so that everyone can read his opinion.

Here it is...

http://thinkinginbinary.startlogic.com/PPFDCForum/index.php?topic=24.0

And there is now a response from the club president with a mention of yet another incident of drunken behavior.

Anyway, new tags will be going out at the beginning of the year and there will be an effort to put in new rules this year. Will have to see how all of that pans out. It may be better or it may make no difference.

One thing we are considering is a points system where people will get points for competing in league. One point for showing up and more points for the top players. Than at the end of the year the winners could be awarded some sort of trophy and some cash. Also new tags could be given out based on the whole year's performance. I am all for this and it will be pretty easy to implement. A lot of good incentives to not just win one match, but to show up and play on a regular basis.

No, there is no way to ensure any policy regarding tags in disc golf. Too many selfish a-holes.

So today was the first of the year mini-tournament. 43 (or so) people showed up to play. The new tags were given out in the order of finish and the old tags were also played for. The new deal for this year is that anyone with a top 20 tag must play a league singles event within three weeks or that tag will get pulled and put into a league singles event. The person whose tag got pulled will have to take the worst tag from league and then play back up the ladder. I think this is a great idea.

Update:

So far the top twenty tag tracking has been working. There have been a couple of days when it got messed up but for the most part it has stayed on track. Here is a link to the list on our main site....

http://montarborsfl.wix.com/ppfdc

Also starting in two weeks we will start our points championship. Points given for showing up at league and monthly events. Our fundraiser on March 9 kicks things off. I'm excited but have already heard one person complaining. Oh well, you can't please everyone. But I think that it will be a great seven month long competition. Can't wait.

Well, here is a good one. The guy with the #10 tag gave it away to someone who is not even a club member. At this point I think that we either remake the #10 tag and put it into league play (highest tag comes out) or the guy that has it right now pays in his fee and then plays for it in league (with high tag once again coming out).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968