www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The pond is OB... where exactly does it start?

Tags: OB

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That Mud looks really deep !!!
I'd make him play the shot where it is !!!
Isn't the rule still "completely surrounded by water"?
If you are beating me it is definitely out of bounds, if I am beating you I think it could be in bounds. LOL
The disc is in the mud, not in the water. Casual relief marks the spot on more stable dirt and less mud. The angle of the picture isn't the greatest...
Could you please quote the source for "As of this year the rule on OB is that if any part of the disc is touching the 'line' the disc is considered OB"? What changed this year? Thanks.
The mud is completely surrounded by water so therefore the disc is completely surrounded by water. If the disc lands completely dry on an island in a stream that is OB then the disc would still be OB. I think...

Now if you can find a strip of mud that completely attaches back to shore it then gets a little more confusing because is the mud composed of dirt or water? I know that we are spliiting hairs here. Get out the microscope.
Also, benefit of the doubt on the ob line is supposed to go to the player so it'd likely be called in-bounds as it is not clear at all, clearly.
In a tourney you would have to get an official. The group can not make such calls in tournament play.
That was my thinking also : )
Sure they can, and do all the time. Officials are not often present.
So what prevents the group making the wrong call? Do you play it two ways and then ask later. I thought you always had to get an official?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968