www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've gotten poison Ivy on my hands 2 times in the last month.I was wondering if it is allowed to wear rubber gloves?

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure..But, carry some alcohol swabs or put some rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle. As soon as you touch posion ivy or your disc does, wipe your hands and disc down. It works very well. You can use the 70 or 90% kind.

I haven't gotten posion ivy since I found out about the rubbing alcohol.
In my profession I am often asked this question. Usually the answer is "no".

But in this case, go for it.
According to PDGA players hand book you are able to ware gloves.

802.04 Artificial Devices
A. During a round, a player shall not use any artificial device that may assist in making a
throw, except those devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape,
bandages, gauze, etc.) and medical items (such as knee and ankle braces, etc.). Items used to prevent slipping on the teeing surface are also allowed. A player is specifically prohibited from using any artificial device that changes the position of the disc in the player's hand or artificially lengthens any of the player's throwing levers (fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder, etc.). The use of devices which assist in determining distances over 10 meters , such as range finders and GPS devices are prohibited. Measuring devices such as a tape measure may be carried and used to determine distances 10 meters and less for the purpose of rules enforcement.
Thanks,it isn't a problem in spring and summer as I can spot the leaves a mile away.The winter though the leaves are gone but the vines are hidden under the falling leaves.
Yeah and get some Fels Naptha soap to shower with after. It is my enemy.
If you are in an area where the plant parts (and oil) are very prevalent, Ivy Block might be a good investment. Put it on before you go out, wash well after you are done. Think of it as 'rub-on gloves'.

Oh, as suggested above, wash your discs often. Also consider that your bag or the bag strap might have oil on it if you keep getting a rash every time you play.
I've been lucky enough not to get it for a while now, but i am highly allergic. i like the rubbing alcohol suggestion.
I was raised in the woods. I've never have got poison ivy. i guess i'm a lucky one.
Yeah I got some tecnu and I'm going to soak my bag,straps and discs with that.I just go to the doctor as soon as I get the symptoms it's 20$ copay,a shot in the butt and the rash is gone in about 2-3 days.
mark ellis said:
In my profession I am often asked this question. Usually the answer is "no".

But in this case, go for it.

Mark, you have a twisted sense of humor.

I like it.
Yes on the gloves. I aslo carry Technu. You can get it at just about any drug store. It breaks the binding agent in poison ivy. It works very well.
Seen players in PDGA tournaments wear, bicycle gloves and or golf gloves.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968