www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've gotten poison Ivy on my hands 2 times in the last month.I was wondering if it is allowed to wear rubber gloves?

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would recomend getting some fairway drivers and some Rocs. Back off on the power and try to land in the fairway for a change.
it is absolutely ok to wear gloves....i actually wear an original micheal jackson glove....on putts i moonwalk followed by the crotch grab and yelling heee heee to insult the people i am playing with .....
HANDSOME GUYS DISC GOLF ASSOCIATION said:
it is absolutely ok to wear gloves....i actually wear an original micheal jackson glove....on putts i moonwalk followed by the crotch grab and yelling heee heee to insult the people i am playing with .....

thats funny. I have been just planting my leg on top of the basket and humping it while others putt, I now see what I've been doing wrong.
They make stuff now you apply before you disc golf, can't remember the name but it's at your local Rite Aid, Cvs pharmacy, ZMAN.
Nothing works better than Technu. Take a shower and use it right after you play. It will release all of the urishi oils in your skin so the ivy doesn't take hold. It is my best friend in spring and summer.
I hope that gloves are legal, as I produce a really great glove that is sold at Marshall Street
( http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/ ) as well as Gotta Go Gotta Throw
( http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/ )!

I originally developed these gloves a number of years ago for a few reasons: I have a little scar on my middle finger (too much use!) that became a problem throwing discs (and ultimate lids prior to that for many years); blisters in general; and I wanted something to give me better grip in wet and cold environments, which these do with our gripping features. They are light enought to wear year round, and most of my customers do just that.

The fingertips are left open on purpose, for optimal sensory feel of the discs. Anyway, check it out...called GameHand Glove (also comes in handy for playing video games)...sorry, I don't usually market myself like this, as I mostly enjoy just reading all of the great posts here. But I couldn't resist...peace
Leaves of 3 leave me be!

Just don't touch the stuff!

And I use this stuff like religion.

http://www.tecnuextreme.com/
Speaking of "is this legal", is it OK for me to ride my bicycle around the course during a PDGA tournament during the round when I am playing the course during a competitive round? And if I do, can I wear bicycle gloves? :)
Regarding those Gamehand gloves mentioned earlier, I ordered a pair, and have found they are excellent. Extremely light, excellent grip on discs, good protection of fingers and hand, and in cold weather I can get my snow gloves on my hand while wearing these gloves underneath. Recommended.
mark ellis said:
In my profession I am often asked this question. Usually the answer is "no".

But in this case, go for it.
lawyers wear rubber gloves??? insert any slimy lawyer joke here!!!
i wear a thin motorcycle glove in the winter
kudos forthe one that psoted the actual rules from the PDGA. That is correct. Just think protection, not something to "aid" in the throw.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968