www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So on my drives i wasnt getting any accuracy, so i started keeping my head facing forward towards where i wanted to throw it throughout my whole run up/X-step. i use to look back at my disc about halfway and then throw and look forward. So is this ok that i keep my head straight?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think most of us do this on approaches or shots that don't require full power.  if you are doing it on drives for distance, it will theoretically shave some distance off your throw.  if your head isn't turning, your shoulders aren't turning.  if your shoulders aren't turning you won't get a full reach back, thus decrease in distance.  but, it's better to be in the fairway 75 feet away from the basket as opposed to in the s&^% or OB 50 feet away from the basket.

idk if that made any sense.  can anyone else explain this better?

Once you feel comfortable with yer throw, you can gradually incorporate a head turn to get full rotation from yer shoulders.

It's better to be fifteen feet behind the basket than fifteen feet in front of it. Unless there's a cliff ten feet behind ;o))
The key to a good drive is to know where you are throwing without looking where you are throwing. You have to trust yourself to do the right thing with your motion. It is the same in ball golf. They keep their head down until the ball is on its way. Go out to a field and practice.
Or play night golf. If that doesn't improve yer accuracy, it'll improve yer searching skills.
LOL...That's for sure. That and when you're having as much fun as we do at night...It doesn't matter.

The problem is, every body is different. Size, flexability, strength etc... Also, techniques vary to some degree as well. Two of the lognest throwers I know can keep there head turned towards the basket, but in two completely diff. ways. One has no X-step, but has an open stance. The other one has a major run up, but he to has an open stance. Also, they are both very flexable and can rotate their shoulders and hips, but keep their head/eyes on the basket. So you might be able to obtain distance, but only practice and time will tell.

Since I can't, I do a couple of things. One I pick an object (leaf, twig, rock etc.) that is only a few feet from the teepad that is lined up on were I want the disc to go. For me it makes it much easier to line up on a close object, than at the basket or some other object further away. The other is I aim with my shoulder. So my shoulder is lined up to were I want the disc to go (there is an article in discgolfreview about this technique). It works well for me as long as my timing is correct, but that another post lol!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968