www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Had league tonight and the weather was absolutely perfect. Hardly any wind and the temps were slightly cooler. We had to start earlier because of the shorter days, but I just love playing in September.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know of a bad time to play. All the time is the best time!
I'm with Wicked on this one, anytime is the best time!
no, this is the best time period, i will play mostly anytime but the fall is for beautiful autumn colors, cool temps, football,less yardwork(hopefully) and a good time to try some night golf.

End of this month cooler weather coming to Florida.....!

Yahoo!

this is the perfect time of the year to be golfing. it has been 60 to about 77 the last couple of days by me in illinois. In a couple more weeks the trees for going to start looking sweet. love this time of year. and yes i do love playing all year round. but if i had one choice for the time of year to play, it would have to be the fall.
Fall time is amazing Disc Golf weather in Northeast, but just slightly before the leave fall... Those bright colored leaves make it extremely hard to find a lot of discs.

Outside of finding your discs, the weather is fantastic and  there is no BUGS!!!
I played again today and the weather was great. Here in Colorado the Spring can be iffy, with anything from rain to snow to sunshine. Summer can be hot. Fall, on the other hand, gives us these slightly cool yet wonderful days. Today was once again almost perfectly calm. We only have four more weeks of league but I am trying to get in as many rounds as I can right now.
This is our hot season in LA.  It's been between 100 and 110 at the local courses so I'm gonna go ahead and say not the best time of year.  I'm gonna say may-june is the good time of year.  Your'e into Daylight Savings time and it's not hot enough yet to be annoying.

Still plenty of heat here in Las Vegas, we play early mornings to beat the heat. Can play year round, just differnet parts of the day.

Here in Florida anytime is a good time to play Disc Golf.

But my favorite time of year is when we fall back an hour.

Then we play "Night Golf".

It is cool, and when it gets cold, it's still a good time to play.

I try to play daily and I agree anytime is good. I actually prefer temperatures in the mid 50's. I start out a little cold, but after about 3 holes I am warmed up nicely. Another thing is that air is less dense in colder temperatures allowing faster speeds and greater distance. Also no bugs which is a big plus.
I agree about the bugs.  One thing that Florida has is it's fair share of bugs.  The colder weather is best for no bugs.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968