www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So heres the story...

So at my local course there is a local that plays everyday and that adds on to the fact that he lives right across the street from the course. Since he lives right there he is always finding discs. The worse part is, is that he doesnt bother calling people to return discs. Instead he usually trades them to his roommates or sells them. Since I know that he has found some of my discs and I have confronted him multiple times, I know how pissed off I and many others get when we dont get discs back that are very important to us. So since he doesnt give discs back I figured I would take the liberty of personally getting peoples discs back and then calling the rightful owner... Is this wrong? Im not trying to be an asshole I just feel that people spend hard earned money on discs and deserve to have there discs back.

All responses welcome

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kinda depends on how you plan to get them back..
don't bother. disc golf karma will deal with him...its hard, but be the bigger man and let it go...he will get his in the end...
well to mac i usually ask "Hey is that a ____? You mind if I through it?" and then he usually forgets and then i just take it, call the rightful owner, and all is well. and then usaully the owner is super stoked on getting there disc back
not wrong just rude i must admit i keep discs that haven names but only after repetively calling the person most of the time its a changed number out of state area code etc. but i will always call so thats being nice this guy sound rude to me
no doubt i do the same thing blake... and yes this guy is just a stupid pothead who doesnt care about anyones property
Also the funny thing is, is that he barely knows how to play
What can you do? As long as you do the right thing, that's all that matters. IMO, I see more and more people who just don't care about anybody but themselves. It's to bad...
Don't go grabbing anything that's in his possession - especially discs that were never yours - before you get legal advice.
its only wrong if it goes against your local lost and found laws..immoral...yes
this has been talked about many many times. my thoughts, if you walked away from it, you then gave up looking for it. as aggravating as it is, im sure, i'd swallow the pill. the only time i get pissed, is if it was taken from my possession or someone scooped it up before i could get to it. i mean, you wrote it off, not expecting it back. the thing that ticks you off is that he doesn't have the moral fortitude to do what you and i would. i mean, if he smokes dope, morals are probably not high on his list already.
Let me catch you with one of my discs I supposedly gave up on, 1st I confront then explain that has my name on it then call police, yes police. if i left my car would some dumbass assume im not comming back. hmm Its a personal property and there are laws to protect your personal property. If its not yours leave it there this applies to everything.
It's a city park free of paying to play and there is no clubhouse or anything

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968