www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, I love disc golf and ball golf.

Here's my idea.

Create an island green for a disc golf tournament like they have for the Players Championship in Pontre Vedra, Florida every year.

You know, the 100-130 isch yard hole.

It,s the hole that get's the Pro's very nervious.

It's just a smooth sand wedge, but the island is completely surronded by water on all sides except for the narrow walkway to get to it.

You have to land it on the ground.

Imangine the drama.

What's is everyone's thought's .

Imangne the drama. Even the Pro,s chunk it in the water too.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the usdgc utilizes that exact same idea. Definitely some "pucker factor" involved when stepping up to that hole. Pros take 10 + strokes sometimes. Easy duece but could be a round ruiner.
Yeah, my idea is for a par 3 hole somehere from 250-300' long. For the Pro's probabely a putter shot.
As long as I can go into the water, easily, and retrieve my discs
WAILOA COURSE HAS AN ISLAND ON HOLE # 2 !
We have 2 island placements at Tuscawilla. Hole 7 at fairly short 285 from the A pads...232 from the B's. Island is about 40 feet long and about 15+ feet wide...pin close to the middle. Island rises an average of 3 feet from the normal water line....Palm tree on the close end....large sycamore on the other end. No drop zone here....so go for it!!! ...with a righty spike hyzer line, a low straight "at it" low ceiling shot or take the tight left to right down an OB road risk. The back side of this island brings the narrow part of pond into play so anything that flys the island, skips on and lands over in the drink is easily found.....circle 3. Land dry over the island from that spike hyzer line....you got about 20-25 foot putt for a deuce....go too far... you find the ob road...at the top of the embankment of the pond.

Hole 14's island placement is 516 from the A's 462 from the B's.....slightly bigger island here...egg shaped....40 by 20 feet to work with...A much steeper sloped island that rises about 6 feet above the normal water line...pin is towards the front center about 12 feet from the edge of the slope....good size palm tree directly behind the basket and a cu yard sized coquina rock slightly behind that. A good drive may get close enough for a long putt...most will lay up and take a shot at a 40+ footer fora 3.....4 isn't a bad score here. Tourney time....we use a drop zone here!!! The disc must remain in bounds on the island..any shot that hits island and rolls into the water puts the player to a 60ish foot drop zone putt....with the stroke of course....glimmers of 3's and easy 4's quickly turn into nasty 5's, 6's or higher. Been there done that!!!...lmao
theres one on the highbridge gold ourse in highbridge wisconsin, at the 2007 worlds it was bone dry though due to an incredibally dry summer with a month straight of 100 degree temps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968