www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone else tried it?  

http://www.ivyblock.com/product-info.php

I feel like I've been itchy since at least April.  I'm hoping that this stuff may actually help me stay blister free.

Tags: ivy, poison

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best solution, Stay OUT of the Poison Ivy!

No I haven't , but I've used Technu and it works great!

I like Technu, great for breaking down the oil and helping any irritation to dry up.  I'm curious if ivyblock can prevent the bubbles/rash from forming at all.

My wife says to me - For a person that is sensitive to poison ivy you think you would know what it looks like. :) At least she is kind enough to point it out to me when she see's it.  

The problem isn't spotting it, the problem is ensuring that the urushiol oil hasn't gotten on any surface you're about to come in contact with.  Did your disc skip through, did your bag rub up against a plant?  In my case, did one of my dogs  that is about to rub up against me trounce through it?  I can throw really well, stay in the fairways (I love those days), and still end up with spots.  That's why I do a thorough wash after any round where I know I've been near it.

I use it as a preventative lotion too. After a round I use it instead of soap and except for a spot I missed on my calf. I had no rash or blisters form and that's great, because when I get poison oak I end up looking like the Pilsbury Dough Boy lol!

They make a new Technu that only requires 15 seconds of rubbing in.

Good to know, I liked how the the stuff worked before, looks like I know what I'm purchasing. Thanks Rescue.

Sure no prob. Most people don't know this, but the big trick is cleaning your hands 1st and last. Talked to a Doc about this, because "how the heck did I get poison oak here! or there!" Turns out that the oil does not show a reaction (rash/blisters) on your plams of your hands or soles of your feet. Why I don't know? So you might think there is no oil on your hands and then you end up spreading it all over the place.

Ever since I found this out. I haven't had a issue with poison oak, because the first thing I do when I'm done playing is wash my hands with the Technu (carry it with me).

I'm with you on that.  Between dogs and discs skipping through who knows what, I try to keep my hands oil free.  Now if I could just figure out a way to keep the oil off the back of my knees.  I'm convinced it's been on my shorts for the last three months taunting me after every washing.

When I was with the fire dept. We would wash our wildland gear with Technu and it would get the oils out, and our gear would get covered in it big time! Just don't wash anything else with it. Man, you would think I own stock in this stuff. The way I'm pimping it lol!

Do NOT ever play Burchfield's new course in Holt, MI! Just played it- course #1092, and it was pretty much the worst in the state for Ivy, under baskets, blocking fairways with vines, some holes were like fairways of mowed ivy! What a joke! Unplayable.

I was waiting for a response from you Ben.  What do you use to prevent/treat when you have run ins?  And thanks for the heads up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968