www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

SO I entered into my first PDGA, the Luther Britt "Win or Swim" in Lumberton NC. This was my first ever event as well as some of my frineds that I play with weekly so we all went Recreational division. Well, there was only 6 Rec players but it was a heated battle and the winner was decided on the last hole on the last round! That was awesome. Here is my issue, since we played the "short" tees, it has been now discovered that we will not earn a players rating. We thought that was a "benefit of joining the PDGA" as well as the fact this was not told to us any differently. Even the TD thought this would happen. Well, after the event and some rules about propagators and I am stuck with no rating. I have asked both the club and the PDGA to refund my money. I have no problem returning my players pack and my winnings ($7 dx disc). Am I wrong for this? or am I right by wanting my rating?? Please help Note: this is my club that put the event on????

Tags: Britt, Luther, PDGA, Swim, Win, or

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHOO!! We are all supose to be friends here. Just because someone is miss informed doesn't mean they are a moron. They just received the wrong information. Ex: Most of us were told the Pluto was a plant and now it's not. Does that make the general population morons. No. Educate don't hate!! :)

Happy golfin'
I always thought Pluto wasn't too smart and slobbers a bit, but certainly was not a plant... ;-)
LOL :)
No, Pluto must be a bonsai because I heard that it is a dwarf plant.
Those dwarves revolve in different story orbits than Pluto but they all plant when throwing. Now, I'll leaf this alone...
:)
Sorry Tino for hijacking your thread.....On the other hand...I bet you know more about the Rating system then you bargained for. lol!!!
Bisc, Chuck....thanks for sharing the info, that filled in some holes. Johnny....Your the Man!!! Great Explanation! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Norbert...well...your just Norbert..Thanks for the input??? ....anyway. (it's ok everybody...I know him ...I've earned the right to pick on him once in a while)

I still believe the ratings to be very accurate. Playing many many years with the same cast of characters...knowing their abilities, their local averages(handicaps), varying course layouts and difficulties....their player ratings definitely reflect their given handicaps. ....Sandbaggers excluded....lol!!

and since we're shifting into the Disney mode......anybody know why Mickey left Minnie? (don't answer that)
This is the latest news sent to me from the PDGA!

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had to phone the TD regarding a question about the event and wanted to discuss this scenario with him at the same time.

I am hopefully that you can still obtain a rating for this event but can't guarantee this will be the case. Honestly the amount of data that we have at our disposal to create round ratings is minimal due to the fact that your division played a separate layout. However, I will look into this matter further when we do the official ratings which will be published on July 21st. I also spoke to the tournament direction about options to avoid this problem in the future.

I also understand your desire to have a player rating and ratings are a popular benefit. However, that is not the only benefit of PDGA membership and you were still able to have two enjoyable competitive rounds.
Opps !!!! Need to have more players on each course.
WHOOOO HOOOOOOO The PDGA pulled through and I pulled an 898 rating. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I told you we would make sure to get it done. Roger was able to estimate a fair course rating for you to get ratings.
That is a good one "ratings are overrated" .
I live in a country where there are only 30 players. My rating was 975, I got sick but still played so my rating dropped. Now I am better(sort a) but I can't get my rating up because we don't have that many players or tournaments....
Now I get a lot of shit from (no pro) players cuz' my rating is so low?
I know that my rating is higher than it is.If I only could play tournaments.....

And I never played in any other division than Pro. In the beginning it was called Open and I was always better than a beginner, so I played in the Open.
Later they changed that into Pro and Master and much later we got Advanced Amateur. Sometimes we had 4 girls for a woman division.
So for a long time, I didn't win anything....but had great fun travelling all over and meeting all these crazies....

It seems to me that you played in the wrong division(sandbagger) and then you started crying(on here?) because you didn't get any rating right away?
Maybe next time talk to the pdga before you tell the world that it is the TD's fault or the pdga or whatever.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968