www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New disc golf shoe is on the Keen website, only size 7.5 available right now.

Views: 2006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love their Mules and Clogs, but their shoes are so so. They just haven't been the same ever since they sold the company a few years back. I thank them for trying, but I'll stick with some true trail shoes. Like Montrail, Vasque, Noth Face, and Merrill
I just got a pair of Keen Targhee II mids for disc golf last month and I really like them. The Milo looks good, but think I like the looks of the Targhee better. I also have a set of Keen Newport sandals and my feet seem to really like Keen shoes.If I had $110 to blow, I might try on a pair of Milos. I typically wear a 12, but 13 worked best with the Targhees.
Im a fan of keen, i picked up there newport trail wp's about a month ago and have fallin in love since. only complaint i have would be the sole are flat and can be dangerous in muddy terrain.

KEEN TARGHEE

Merrell Chameleon II Storm Gore-Tex XCR Land, Air & Water Get A Grip Waterproof! Vibram Sole

Saw a pair at the store, Keen Wasatch, was not impressed.
The Keen Targhee seems more durable. One pair that I use.
And the Merrell is the next pair!
How bout the Keen Trail - Newport WP. WP= water proof.
K.
Have a pair of Newport H2 Sandals. They are great. Good casual shoe here in Florida.
But the sole will slip on the tee pad and wet grass.

I have a pair of Keen sandals that I put through four summers of fly-fishing in Montana. They are still going strong. It sucks to hear that people are having trouble with their Keens. I would like to offer two reasons (justifications) for keeping them in your consideration set when you are shopping for new shoes.

1. It is awesome to have retailers supporting disc golf by making equipment specifically for us. We need to trust that our pros will continue to give Keen feedback as they develop a great shoe for the game. I have seen Avery, Dave, Nate, and the Champ wearing them; I trust that they are giving Keen the feedback necessary to develop an even keener Milo 2.0 (see what I did there).

2. Keep in mind that Keen started with sandals and only recently have begun committing time and effort to other types of footwear. Every manufacturer has growing pains. Based on how awesome my sandals have been, I trust that it is only a matter of time before their other shoes achieve the same level of badass.

So, there you have it.
So will they answer the "Milo" with the "Otis"? ...life's random pondering thoughts
Oh god! I was hoping that wouldn't come up! Due to my 2 year old I hate that movie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968