www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know there have been discussions on this before, but I want to ask around again.  I am in need of some new golf shoes this summer, and I am looking at the Keen Milo 2.  I have used the Bite shoes for the past 4 years, and they have worked well, but from what I have experienced, and seen from Keen I know it is worth the price.

I have heard the the first Milo fell apart after some use.  Does anyone have experience with the Milo 2's, and are they worth the price?

Views: 1325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have the Milo II's, but I do own a pair of Keens and totally love them! Waterproof, lightweight, durable, and stylie!!! Looking at getting a pair of the Milo II myself.
My 3-non Milo Keen shoes didn't make it 1 week (on 1 the rubber separated from the leather on the 24th hole of their 1st round). With superglue, problem solved and they'll last awhile. But all 3 had the rubber separate almost instantly from disc-golfing, while even cheap store brand shoes usually lasted longer. Don't know why they continue to use cheap glue. But with 1$'s worth of superglue, they'll hold forever and are good shoes, I still wear them.
I have the Keen 2's and they are very comfortable but not lasting as well as i hoped they would.  If you are really hard on shoes, they may not be the ones for you, but if you are lighter on your shoes then I would say absolutely go for it!

XA PRO 3D ULTRA GTX

Tried Keens (they were okay and clumsy).

Nothing beats Salomon.

LIghtweight, comfortable, feel great.

These are top of the line trail runners. Goretex.

The tying system keeps them snug.

Check them out. Recommend them.

Lime green though?

Come in 5 different colors.

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-pro-3d-ultra-gtxa.html

Picked up a pair at onlineshoes.com for $74! Saved over $50!

My pair are black.

Salomon looks good.  and the deals at onlines shoes is great.  the black ones were not in my size, but the dark forest is, and it is 30% off.  I think saving $40+ might be worth getting that shoe.

there is a 10% off code  10LUCKY that works until the end of March, but it wont work on that one because it is a sale item.

My 2nd pair.

1st pair are XT Wings. Very comfortable, but not Goretex.

My feet love them.

so far my milo II's are awesome.i have played in alot of wet conditions lately and me feet have stayed dry for 24 holes and felt good after.they have alot to live up to. i had merrell moab gtx for 3 seasons and they never blew out.the tread did start to wear though.the merrells are not very comfortable the milos have them beat on this for sure

CHeck to see when the 3's come out.  I was told not to get the 2's because the 3s are almost here.

Idk for sure but that is what I have heard.

You need to check out Five Ten shoes. I've been sporting their Impact (high tops) for around six months. They are holding up great! My Salomons fell apart after several rounds (Sole pulling away from midsole around the toe). but this is a common disc golf issue. Happened to my The North Face, Vasque, and Montrail' too, but the Keens are the worst pair of so called hiking shoes I've ever owned! I love their clogs and mules, but stay away from their shoes.

So it's not like the Five Tens are perfect. They might be too grippy for rubber teepads. The sole is pretty vanilla, but that's because the Soles are very grippy. They also were a little cumbersome at first, but after a month they are flexable enough for me. Not sure how long the soles will last due to the insane grip and softness as well. For the most part, I've only played in wet conditions with them, but it feels like I'm playing on dry cement pads due to their "stealth" soles, no slipping at all!

Man, these thing are tough as heck and they seem to be holding up well, but time will tell for sure. So far they are the BEST disc golf shoe I've used. I'm still amazed that the toe area is still intact. This is a shoe you should really check out. I won't go as far as to say "buy these", because feet vary so much. Also, what works for me, may not work for you.

Get these. The Cushe Xseige. I have been using them for a year now and I won't to go back to my Keens or my Merrills. Light, water proof, durable, and perfect for wide feet. Word is that this company is working on an actual disc golf shoe.Xsige WP

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968