www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know there have been discussions on this before, but I want to ask around again.  I am in need of some new golf shoes this summer, and I am looking at the Keen Milo 2.  I have used the Bite shoes for the past 4 years, and they have worked well, but from what I have experienced, and seen from Keen I know it is worth the price.

I have heard the the first Milo fell apart after some use.  Does anyone have experience with the Milo 2's, and are they worth the price?

Views: 1343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Been looking at the Five Tens.

Which one did you get?

Have not had any problems with my Salomons....

Because of the discount, and the good reviews, I decided to wait on the Milos, and get some Salomons.

I bought the solomon shoe in the middle first and had it three months before I stopped wearing them. I bought the Keen Milo on the left December 2009 and wore them until February 2011 when I bought the milo II on the right. I did have to repair the Milo with shoe goo but after having it for a year.
Attachments:

The Impacts, I would stay away from their "hiking"shoes. They are designed for approach/base climbing, so the mid soles are VERY stiff. I bought a pair a few years back and have not used them much. So, check out their mountain bike shoes "free pedal" AKA: no toe clips. I bought the high tops, because of the crazy colors of the other shoes (they look like Vans or Airwalks).

So even these were a little stiff and combersome (think hiking boot/shoe, not trail runners), but after several rounds they feel great! Time will tell, but my biggest concern is the extreme grippyness of these shoes. I played Golden Gate Park the other day, it was wet and muddy, but I was amased at how well these held on the cement teepads. It was like they were nice and dry! The biggest plus, is after six months and aroun 50+ rounds, the soles are still attached to the mid sole and the top of the toe area! Will the soles last a few years? Not sure, because they are very soft and tacky. But worth the price and gamble imo.

i have the hedgehogs from northface and they've been awesome

been using the Timberlands for years, great duragbility and waterproof. You can find them at the outlet store too and get them for about $40. The Canard.

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4204817

Men's Canard Low Lace - Timberland

I have some Saloman Odysseys that are pretty aweoms, look similar to the GTXs, haven't had them long so I can't comment on durability.  There were $120 a pair XD though.  I had some Merrells and they sucked and fell apart after 5 months and they were $100.  My buddy had some of the orginal Milos and they didn't last long, I heard rumors from some of the pros that the shoes sucked, but they "had" to like them since they were sponsored or something.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968