www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Although there is already a shoe discussion, I wanted to narrow it down to just the Keen Milo II.  I have been using my Bite shoes for the past few years, but will probably need new ones this summer.  I was thinking of splurging for the Milo II but I wanted to hear from people who have them if it is worth it.

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The first ones are really comfortable and very waterproof (2nd year in them).  I'm easy on shoes so they're durable enough for me however the comfort levels bring durability into question.  I have worn other keens but the Milo's tread is less slick on teepads (wet, dirty etc.)  I have more traction on muddy upshots/putts etc.  I will buy them again but wonder how others who go through two pairs of shoes to my one would fair in them.   I prefer comfort and traction to durability and will buy the Milos again.  Hope this helps.

Don't waste your money. I did not buy the Milo, but I've had several Keens over the years and models that were based on the Milo or vise versa. Keens are pretenders. The mid soles are to soft and there is minimal molded plastic to offer enough lateral supprt. Same with the fabric. It's not dense enough for proper lateral support. My so called water proof Keens. Were just that, for about a MONTH!

If you are going to spend that kind of money. But some Montrails or Garmonts. They offer the best support out of the many shoes I tried. Some distant runners up (no pun intended). Are The North Face (they would be my favorite, but they don't fit my foot properly), Salomon, Vasque, and Merril.

One thing you have to understand. Those are the shoes that fit me best. Case in point, The North Face. Great shoes, but I'm between their full sizes and half sizes.

Good luck! 

i definitely want a pair for myself to try. I have a pair of Keen's already-the Ridgetops, and I'm extremely happy with them. Being in the Winter and all, I am not throwing the same number of rounds right now, but I'm still getting out at least once a week. We'll see what happens come Spring, hopefully there will be a pair of Milo II"s around my feet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968