www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am sure everyone has discs that have dirt that just come off no matter how much soap and scrubbing you do. I am sure that adds unnecessary weight. I was just wondering if anyone has anything that gets the dirt off the discs. Because I have tried alot and can not for the life of me get my Flx Predator clean. Or does it have something to do with the plastics? and Temperatures heating up and cooling down kinda absorbing the dirt in the plastic through the pores. I just want something to get the dirt off and my discs shining like new.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have u tried a magic eraser?
Ive been told the dishwasher on gentle is supposed to work well ...I keep being gentle with the misses but it didnt work I still gotta clean my own discs haaaaa. soap n water once a week
I second the magic eraser, I have a friend that washes his plastic in the dish washer, pretty sure that would push my wife over the edge.
yeah.. I'm a hot water and soap kind of guy too. I have a bristled brush that I'll use to scrub in the dents and scratches of the discs. I try to just use the brush around the edges though because it will start to scratch off the stamps on my discs.
I thought the Idea of breaking in a DISC was Adding Dirt to It?
Who knows maybe that is why the classic Broken INN disc everyone LOVES are better?
How I wash my discs is this. I turn them Upside down and put water in them
I let my DOGS drink out the discs and pour out any slobber they may have left behind.

I haven't got a ACE yet but I figure they will Stick BETTER to the Chains.
Try using some fingernail polish, that will dull it though, a little dish detergent, dishwasher, car wax, all stuff I've tried!
Hot soapy water to remove slickness . Any type of acetone will work if used sparingly !!!
I think the dirt, and all the nicks, and gouges just add character. If they get too bad i just wipe them off with some water and a towel , and keep thowing
simple green works the best. It will even cut through pine sap. but sometimes you gotta scrub them with a brush too. FLX plastic definately stains real easily. my FLX drone looks like its 100 years old. only been out since Feb of this year! Still wouldn't trade it for a hundred other discs though!
Every so often wash in the sink like dishes. With dish soap.
Cleanliness is next to godliness. And we all know how important that is.

It drove me crazy that my discs would not come clean, especially white or yellow discs. I tried soap and scrubbing pads. I was afraid to try the dishwasher because I know that high heat can warp a disc forever. But then I found the answer. It is called Goof Off. Goof Off is the name of a product you can buy in hardware stores. It will clean your disc so it looks as clean and shiny as new.

Dirt is not a big deal for drivers. You throw drivers hard so you grip them hard. But you throw putters softly so your grip is softer. You want your putter to be as grippy as heck. That ground-in dirt which you can see but will not come off actually makes the disc more slippery. You just do not realize it untill you clean them then feel the difference.

You will love the feel of your discs once you clean them in Goof Off. This personal endorsement was not compensated or solicited.
Thanks Mark for the good advice. I have noticed how more grippy my plastic after I washed them last time. I'll have to try that Goof Off product next time. I try to scrub my disc at least 1 a month.. depends on the weather really.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968