www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the past week or so the trees here in Michigan have lost most of their leaves. Now is an especially dangerous time for losing discs, even worse than most snowy conditions. Twice I have thrown pretty good looking shots, saw them land not far from the metal thing and almost lost them. The scary thing is they were both hyzer flights but the leaves are so deep they buried anyway.

So I just took out of my bag my three most valued, most irreplaceable discs (of course, the broken in, remote controlled ones). Dang, it hurts to not have the discs you rely the most on. I'm considering pulling out my putters, too. Putters should be safe from loss, shouldn't they?

Do you risk your favorites in the leaves or pull them out?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a kamikaze disc for water hazards as well.
Mark you might just invent another game with the Hula Hoop toss.Same as playing horseshoes:leaners,ctb,ringers.No tee shots,perhaps toss from 30-40' away.More of your warm-up games.
Cut down the handle of a rake and stash that along with the machete you're bringing,you'll need a "Felix the Cat 'bag though.
That is the way it is here in AK as well, I just throw my bright colored discs as they stand out in the brown. I must say that it is easier to find your shots, even if you shank them into what would be the unknown during the summer.
mark,
the solution to you particular problem is easy to fix.. i'm almost ashamed that more pros like yourself haven't realized how easy it would be for you to have your caddy carry a back pack gas powered leaf blower.... ta da... problem solved...
now see how easy that was...... LMAO
Tape a string to your disc?
Huh?? I keep all my discs in my bag for the simple fact that I trust myself enough to throw it where I can find it. I think this year though I have accumulated some really pretty discs that are very unique. I just got a disc this year I won't be throwing, my Z Buzz with Mark's "Discraft Baby" hot stamp. That is probably the rarest disc in my bag and I would be beside myself if I lost it. The key for me is to put away the camouflage discs and start throwing bright discs.
I like the leaf blower idea.....very efficient!!! ...you could actually modify one to carry your discs/frosty beverages too...just don't rig the drink holder to close to the exhaust....there might be a way to heat up a spare cheeseburger on that side though...
I don't like taking that risk, especially with discs like my Talons, they are hard to replace. My friend lost a go to disc of his in a pile of leaves last week. It was a perfectly good shot, straight out in front of us, drove it in a huge mound of leaves we looked for a good while still never turned it up. I say if you have some other discs to throw just avoid danger of losing your favorites, use them for the season. I prefer light blue discs, and pink discs for this time of year, but my favorite red Z Tracker hasn't been getting any love the past few weeks.
or keep your coffee warm out on the course.
Any Bright colored or Neon Discs make it easier to spot.
Jamie,
Ya...the leaf blower!!! Great ideas Jamie. The back pack kind w/a pull start. Could double as a hand warmer as well for the other players in your group. But...do you have the "falling leaf" phenomenon down at Daytona? Hmmm...I don't recall. (c;
Yep..Gum Trees, Hackberry's, Laural Oaks, Sycamores, Black Walnut, ...Tuscawilla has a variety of leaf droppers

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968