www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the past week or so the trees here in Michigan have lost most of their leaves. Now is an especially dangerous time for losing discs, even worse than most snowy conditions. Twice I have thrown pretty good looking shots, saw them land not far from the metal thing and almost lost them. The scary thing is they were both hyzer flights but the leaves are so deep they buried anyway.

So I just took out of my bag my three most valued, most irreplaceable discs (of course, the broken in, remote controlled ones). Dang, it hurts to not have the discs you rely the most on. I'm considering pulling out my putters, too. Putters should be safe from loss, shouldn't they?

Do you risk your favorites in the leaves or pull them out?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me nor my discs are not really big leaf magnates. Plus my discs don't go as far as the author of this discussion... so I have a good view as to where the disc landed. But ocassionaly I will need to kick around a bunch of leaves to locate a hidden disc.
IMO...it really isn't the lost disc in leaves that bother me in the Fall months. It's those darn stumps (in the fairway) that are hidden like mines in a mine field. I'm kind of foot dragger, so I stub my toes quite a bit out there...even in summer.
Later,
K.
Marites,
At my age...I get "stuck in my head" all the time. I think it's called a Senior Moment. So I don't feel to bad when a young'en confesses that they had one.
It was a pleasure meeting you. I'm sorry your boyfriend fell in the creek.
K.
I hate to ruin your parade...but a disc under half a foot(or even a few inches) regardless of color is hard to find, almost lost a bright pink flash today 25ft from the pin.
my best discs are for competition, second best for legue etc. and then there's the ones i use when i'm just playing alone.
move to south no fall here
What are these seasons you speak of?
thru our forested courses we just have conifer trees and of course they don't drop ..... long grass is another story.
The courses up here in SE MI *are* rather treacherous what with all the maple, oak, etc trees. I myself lost my prized CFR Glow Wraith right here at home :( Time to break out a rake AND leaf blower.... sniff
Kira and I played Cass Benton today and we took turns spotting most throws in the leafy wooded parts. Having an extra pair of eyes just 150 feet down the fairway makes a huge difference for seeing exactly where the disc landed. We did not lose any discs for longer than two or three minutes.

And to Mr. Arnet, if you need a CFR Glow Wraith I can hook you up. I have eight of them left. I have a buy one get one free sale going on.
Know any landscapers, with a leaf blower?
What if they push your disc closer to the pin?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968