www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Tee pads at Kimball Pines are all cleared of snow. The snowfall we recently experienced is not deep enough to lose a disc in. Beware of basket-less #17. The small lake at the bottom of hole #17 is drying up fast. So if you are gearing up for The Lumberjack Open...come on over and play.
Later,
K.
* The Lumberjack Open will be played at Kimball Pines as per latest information. Tournament flyers are available at hole #1 board.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sweet thanks Ken. ill see ya there
yea i wanna go play monday with chad, he can shot me the secrets!
Anyone have an idea on when the decision will be made to play Fort Custer instead of Kimball for the Lumberjack.

It would play heavily on my decision to play or not.
Kimball, in my opinion is just a far superior course.
Kwilliamson said:
Kimball, in my opinion is just a far superior course.

thats horse doodie! id rather play at the fort.
Ft. Custer is an okay course...Kimball is WAY better...JMO.
oh well, atleast we dont have to pay to play at kimball.
i like ft custer more (except beach hole 1). the views of the lake are awesome and you walk through like 3 different ecosystems in one round! its challenging, but not to the point where you have to keep every shot dead straight. i'd recommend playing it now that the beach course is about completed. most of the holes changed at least slightly since worlds.
I guess I didn't realize it was changing. Which holes changed since the Worlds course? Which ones stayed the same? Where are the other nine holes?
In regards to Mr.Curtis response...The '08 Worlds course (at The Fort) was put together quite hastily which in my opinion was quite an accomplishment. I and a fine standing of other discmainians really liked the design. After Worlds...we had some setbacks as was stated by Mr. Curtis. Now...The Fort is under a rebuild and expansion process, We cannot put in tee signs or other similiar markers due to the reconstruction. So...the course as it stands looks incomplete other than baskets, tee pads and rough markers.
We are now in the process of (with the help of the DNR) locating new and competitive holes to link with the old Worlds design. Which means a variety of of options. As with new borns, new courses take nurtiuring. Meaning Fort Custer is a young design (as Coldbrook & Kimball Pnes used to be). So if Fort Custer is on your list of courses to play in '09, please take into consideration that it is playable, but under construction. So keep in mind that we think we have some interesting holes for you in the future. Thanks.
K.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968