www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started carrying all Discraft in my bag with the exception of one Gateway Element. I did so because I found that, like ball golf, transitions between discs are easier if the rims and plastics feel similar (Ball golf- there is a solid reason for having matched irons (I know, I was a 1.2 HDCP)). I'm not knocking on Innova or anybody else but Discraft plastic just seems more consistent disc to disc.

So here's some free sucking up from a guy who broke par for the first time after drinking your kool-aid!

Z

I'm an old guy (49) who started playing a couple of months ago...)

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jon Andrews said:
I started by using Innova, it's the only kind available up here in Mt. Pleasant, MI (which sucks, because we are like an hour north of the factory) But through trades and dealings, I finally have some cool disccraft and other discs to try.

Have you tried going to blue in the face? I thought they had a large supply of discraft there
Don't be afraid. I had that "round" after my first round was solid. Tell yourself on each hole that you will throw the drive that leaves you the best shot at par. You'll surprise yourself a few times and make Birdie and the safe but not timid approach will mean much less chance that you'll have the DFL round.

Scot Lambert said:
hopefully i can use some of your experience. i will be taking part in my first tourneys this year and am scared shitless that ill have one of "those"rounds.i hope your tweeking yields you great results.

zensuit said:
Yeah, but do you admire a guy who 4 putts pretty much every hole on the back 9??? It would have been funny if it hadn't held up my foursome!

I fixed that putting glitch (you absolutely must understand the wind...first open course for me and I was surprised) and realized later that I was overthrowing every drive and getting less distance.

Live and learn

Scot Lambert said:
if its any consolation, i admire a golfer who has finness and control. sure its cool to see sombody crush it 500+ but a well placed anhyzer is a cooler sight. Keep bangin bro.zensuit said:
50 in 2010. And I seriously need more distance first. I was 5th after the first round of my first tournament on the wooded course...hit the windy, open course and blew up like a cheap balloon!
Not sure how this ended up in lost and found but would somebody move it to where it belongs, PLEASE!
Yo Mark,

MUAH!

Cheers,
~Hero
I played in a Twisted Flyer tourney called "Roc vs. Buzzz". It was interesting to learn that Innova uses all kinds of recycled plastic for their discs and Discraft uses new plastic. The tourney was played one round with a Star Roc and one round with an ESP Buzzz. Needless to say the Buzzz one by many strokes overall. Discraft probably makes more consistently true discs, although I can throw my CE Roc better than any Buzzz out there.
Yeah Eric, I go there too see what they have, but they are way over priced (typical headshop). They do have some nice things though !
Eric Clauder said:
JON!!!

Innova is NOT the only brand available in Mt. Pleasant. There is a shop downtown just north of The Bird on Main called Blue in the Face. They carry a decent selection of Discraft as well as Innova. Get there now! :)

Jon Andrews said:
I started by using Innova, it's the only kind available up here in Mt. Pleasant, MI (which sucks, because we are like an hour north of the factory) But through trades and dealings, I finally have some cool disccraft and other discs to try.
The ESP Buzzz is my go-to short hole driver. It's truly a marvel to watch fly

Aaronv said:
I played in a Twisted Flyer tourney called "Roc vs. Buzzz". It was interesting to learn that Innova uses all kinds of recycled plastic for their discs and Discraft uses new plastic. The tourney was played one round with a Star Roc and one round with an ESP Buzzz. Needless to say the Buzzz one by many strokes overall. Discraft probably makes more consistently true discs, although I can throw my CE Roc better than any Buzzz out there.
Oh man is the buzzz ever fun to watch fly. I love it. It is the best disc ever made. Oh yeah he's watching. I mean the rattler is the best disc ever made ;)
zensuit said:
The ESP Buzzz is my go-to short hole driver. It's truly a marvel to watch fly

Aaronv said:
Depends on where you live I suppose.
i totally carry a mix bag, my favorite driver is my quarter k II and valkyre champion, my favorite mid range is my buzz pro d and wasp. i dont think its so much the manufacture but the shot you have to take into consideration
Donny Olow said:
Depends on where you live I suppose.

everyone can order on the internet from any shop.
Try an JK Pro Aviar putter by Innova!!

zensuit said:
Yeah, but do you admire a guy who 4 putts pretty much every hole on the back 9??? It would have been funny if it hadn't held up my foursome!

I fixed that putting glitch (you absolutely must understand the wind...first open course for me and I was surprised) and realized later that I was overthrowing every drive and getting less distance.

Live and learn

Scot Lambert said:
if its any consolation, i admire a golfer who has finness and control. sure its cool to see sombody crush it 500+ but a well placed anhyzer is a cooler sight. Keep bangin bro.zensuit said:
50 in 2010. And I seriously need more distance first. I was 5th after the first round of my first tournament on the wooded course...hit the windy, open course and blew up like a cheap balloon!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968