www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started carrying all Discraft in my bag with the exception of one Gateway Element. I did so because I found that, like ball golf, transitions between discs are easier if the rims and plastics feel similar (Ball golf- there is a solid reason for having matched irons (I know, I was a 1.2 HDCP)). I'm not knocking on Innova or anybody else but Discraft plastic just seems more consistent disc to disc.

So here's some free sucking up from a guy who broke par for the first time after drinking your kool-aid!

Z

I'm an old guy (49) who started playing a couple of months ago...)

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a JK and I dig it. But I've gotten really solid and trust my putting with a Banger GT. Something about how my thumb fits in the groove. I also do most of my straight narrow fairway driving with a Slipstream GT.

Rescue said:
Try an JK Pro Aviar putter by Innova!!

zensuit said:
Yeah, but do you admire a guy who 4 putts pretty much every hole on the back 9??? It would have been funny if it hadn't held up my foursome!

I fixed that putting glitch (you absolutely must understand the wind...first open course for me and I was surprised) and realized later that I was overthrowing every drive and getting less distance.

Live and learn

Scot Lambert said:
if its any consolation, i admire a golfer who has finness and control. sure its cool to see sombody crush it 500+ but a well placed anhyzer is a cooler sight. Keep bangin bro.zensuit said:
50 in 2010. And I seriously need more distance first. I was 5th after the first round of my first tournament on the wooded course...hit the windy, open course and blew up like a cheap balloon!
By all means putt what feels good

zensuit said:
I have a JK and I dig it. But I've gotten really solid and trust my putting with a Banger GT. Something about how my thumb fits in the groove. I also do most of my straight narrow fairway driving with a Slipstream GT.

Rescue said:

zensuit said:
Yeah, but do you admire a guy who 4 putts pretty much every hole on the back 9??? It would have been funny if it hadn't held up my foursome!

I fixed that putting glitch (you absolutely must understand the wind...first open course for me and I was surprised) and realized later that I was overthrowing every drive and getting less distance.

Live and learn

Scot Lambert said:
if its any consolation, i admire a golfer who has finness and control. sure its cool to see sombody crush it 500+ but a well placed anhyzer is a cooler sight. Keep bangin bro.zensuit said:
50 in 2010. And I seriously need more distance first. I was 5th after the first round of my first tournament on the wooded course...hit the windy, open course and blew up like a cheap balloon!
also use the banger gt in pro d plastic. gets beat to shit quick but still delivers that "ahhh" release. and theyre only 8$!

zensuit said:

Rescue said:

zensuit said:

Live and learn

Scot Lambert said:
Oh I was just yanking your chain. I use to use a JK Aviar, but am now using an APX. Love it, but will see how it works in the wind. It just cracks me up when I read how polorized people are when it comes to disc manufacturer's. You end up missing out on some great discs. I use what feels good. Be it Discraft, Innova, Gateway, etc......

zensuit said:

Rescue said:

zensuit said:

Live and learn

Scot Lambert said:
That amuses me as well. My point early on was just to point out, amusingly, I hope, that one thing I did notice was that the hard to quantify feel of the plastics matters more than I thought it did when it came to having consistent rounds.

And chain yanking or no, I shot even par with the JK in the bag...

I did shoot a gazillion over putting with a Wizard...hmmmmm
Ya I used the Wizard for some time. It's great for windy days, but I felt you had to muscle it for lack of a better term. I know what you mean as far as the "feel" of the plastic. I use to buy alot online, but now I have to "feel" the disc first. Thats were Discraft has the edge. Thier discs are very consistent. Where with Innova I have to go through several to find the one that feels right.

Take care,
innova alll the way!!!
Discraft is available at

www.DiscGolfFlyMart.com

I am J-birds biggest distributor. If you go to his site and want to buy fly dyes the links go directly to my store...support J-Bird by buying from me!...J-bird has sponsered Michigan Disc Golf for 20 years to the tune of over $100,000....

Jon Andrews said:
Yeah Eric, I go there too see what they have, but they are way over priced (typical headshop). They do have some nice things though !
Eric Clauder said:
JON!!!

Innova is NOT the only brand available in Mt. Pleasant. There is a shop downtown just north of The Bird on Main called Blue in the Face. They carry a decent selection of Discraft as well as Innova. Get there now! :)

Jon Andrews said:
I started by using Innova, it's the only kind available up here in Mt. Pleasant, MI (which sucks, because we are like an hour north of the factory) But through trades and dealings, I finally have some cool disccraft and other discs to try.
The Best players I've known can throw anything. In fact players like Jeff Pope and Steve Goodwin carry only one or two beat up discs and throw birdies and even aces regularly. I practice putting with a mix of yard discs and I believe that I'm a better player because I can adapt.
Each to their own.
Straighten up and fly right.
Anything between 250'-375' my BUZZ or WASP are my go to discs I can not get the same results with any kind of plastic ROC, DISCRAFT mid range all the way

zensuit said:
The ESP Buzzz is my go-to short hole driver. It's truly a marvel to watch fly

Aaronv said:
I played in a Twisted Flyer tourney called "Roc vs. Buzzz". It was interesting to learn that Innova uses all kinds of recycled plastic for their discs and Discraft uses new plastic. The tourney was played one round with a Star Roc and one round with an ESP Buzzz. Needless to say the Buzzz one by many strokes overall. Discraft probably makes more consistently true discs, although I can throw my CE Roc better than any Buzzz out there.
M-A-ROB said:
Anything between 250'-375' my BUZZ or WASP are my go to discs I can not get the same results with any kind of plastic ROC, DISCRAFT mid range all the way
zensuit said:
The ESP Buzzz is my go-to short hole driver. It's truly a marvel to watch fly

Aaronv said:
I played in a Twisted Flyer tourney called "Roc vs. Buzzz". It was interesting to learn that Innova uses all kinds of recycled plastic for their discs and Discraft uses new plastic. The tourney was played one round with a Star Roc and one round with an ESP Buzzz. Needless to say the Buzzz one by many strokes overall. Discraft probably makes more consistently true discs, although I can throw my CE Roc better than any Buzzz out there.
I have this feeling that you haven't spent the same amount of time throwing the Roc as you have throwing your Discraft alternates. I may be way off base, but it seems to me the more time you throw any disc the more familiar you become. With two discs as similar as the Roc and the Wasp any decent player should be able to make the slight adjustment needed to throw either with sucess.
Having said all that, all the midrange discs in my bag happen to be Discraft, but I still love Innova. What I get out of Discraft discs is the durability to learn my discs without the flight pattern changing significantly.
Having said all that, all the midrange discs in my bag happen to be Discraft, but I still love Innova. What I get out of Discraft discs is the durability to learn my discs without the flight pattern changing significantly.

I tend to agree that players can adjust. I also should mention that my best disc for precision and consistency is the Gateway Element in my bag. And I have three Discraft Slipstream GTs and they fly close enough to exactly the same that it does make practice more effective.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968