www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started carrying all Discraft in my bag with the exception of one Gateway Element. I did so because I found that, like ball golf, transitions between discs are easier if the rims and plastics feel similar (Ball golf- there is a solid reason for having matched irons (I know, I was a 1.2 HDCP)). I'm not knocking on Innova or anybody else but Discraft plastic just seems more consistent disc to disc.

So here's some free sucking up from a guy who broke par for the first time after drinking your kool-aid!

Z

I'm an old guy (49) who started playing a couple of months ago...)

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark who????

............anyways, yesterday I won an Innova Discatcher Traveler, throwing a Discraft Disc....How sweet is that?
I was wondering the same thing.
Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Mark who????

............anyways, yesterday I won an Innova Discatcher Traveler, throwing a Discraft Disc....How sweet is that?
Carried a Buzz once, know a few that still do. Don't know anybody that pulls out a driver from discraft though. Don't know anybody that really likes discraft.
Jamie said:
Carried a Buzz once, know a few that still do. Don't know anybody that pulls out a driver from discraft though. Don't know anybody that really likes discraft.

thats because innova guys are still playing 200 ft. putt-putt courses. the discraft people are out on the bigboy course.
Well I wouldn't say I'm sucking up to Mark, but I'm now a Grand Master who throws only Discraft. In fact I've thrown only Discraft for quite some time. Now back in the 70s all we had was Whamo, but the 80s rolled around and we started to see Champion/Innova discs (now 2 companies) but once Discraft hit the market I was hooked. I live in Oregon which I call innovaland and believe you me I am in the minority, but I'm bringing a few around to consistent discs, aka Discraft. Now if I could just track down a few new 168 Blue Z Forces...Mark?
Maybe cause you keep driving your Innova's into bushes and trees and can't see the Discraft flying over your head and past you.

What a typical "Innova stuck up" thing to say. Actually it's probably cause the "Innova only" players tend to be ssssooooo stuck up that a Discraft, Gateway, etc. player don't want to come anywhere close to ya.

Whatever happened to Disc players just going out and having fun and enjoying life. Rather then going on with stuck up Innova comments. It's comments like that, that drives people to play other brands over Innova, cause they don't want to be yet another stuck up Innova player.

I personally love pulling out basically nothing but Discraft and out playing almost all the Innova players I know. It's the the stuck up attitude that made me start trying out A LOT of Discraft and made me sell almost every Innova disc I own.

Like the Innova Groove, I have a first run and it's junk. Somebody want a plastic ashtray?

Jamie said:
whoa whoa whoa. dont be burning the disc, its not its fault you cant throw it. always blaming the disc... tisk tisk. ever think it was operator error? well i throw BOTH, and could easily switch exclusively to Innova or Discraft. I think they both have their ups and downs. until i get beat by someone because they threw ONLY discraft or ONLY innova, even though i know i was better than that person, ill stay throwing my soft challengers and champion orcs, because they WORK
Don't get me wrong both companies are great and have great discs and both have some that aren't so great. I wouldn't burn the Groove, it's a first run it's worth too much for that.

I just REALLY hate the typical Innova only player attitude that Discraft are all nothing but junk and not true at all. I've been trying out a few Innova discs again lately, like the Aviar AP I didn't like cause it skipped on basket so easy, but I am LOVING the Classic Aviar, it's so, so, so straight flying, Firebird are nice to overhead throws (as are Flicks). I have a Star Wraith coming to see if it preforms better for me then my Pulse and Force, not that they are bad at all, THEY ARE GREAT. I'm getting just under 400ft drives sidearm with them, but I'm always looking for a putter, drivers, midranges that might out perform discs I currently have (not that distance is all I look for in a driver, it's got to be nice and controllable).

The Groove just doesn't work for me, for those that it does, great. It's not operator error, cause ALL my drivers out drive it. It's just not overstable enough for my sidearm and the rim is ackward for backhand to me. I guess to me such thing of too wide of a rim, didn't think so until I got the Groove, that's just my preference.

Wade Sullivan said:
whoa whoa whoa. dont be burning the disc, its not its fault you cant throw it. always blaming the disc... tisk tisk. ever think it was operator error? well i throw BOTH, and could easily switch exclusively to Innova or Discraft. I think they both have their ups and downs. until i get beat by someone because they threw ONLY discraft or ONLY innova, even though i know i was better than that person, ill stay throwing my soft challengers and champion orcs, because they WORK
i havent thrown the groove, so i dont know. i know as much as what i read on here. i guess im the same way. i talk about how a certain disc has low glide for what i want and i hear i need to try this or that disc, so i do. sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. and the suggestions i get are from both sides of the 'fence'. i know the only two overstable drivers i have in my bag that are innova are the champion monster and a star x-caliber. all others are discraft, a force, a pulse, one esp avenger and one flx avenger, and a first run crush. the lower end of stability in my bag are all innova. i like the express but i like the orc better. i putt discraft now, but used to LOVE the aviar-x. probably the only reason i dont putt those anymore because the ones i bought are in the lake and haven't got around to picking up more. you are right, innova ONLY players act like yuppies to the rest of the disc golf world a lot of times, but i know a lot of DGers who are arrogant and throw discraft too. i agree that everyone should have fun no matter what and treat everyone equally, but i am on the competitive side of the sport and i can understand how some golfers would seem arrogant, just because they are trying to stay ahead of the competition. i know the two companies compete for business, so its easy to see why there is a huge back-and-forth about who is better, etc.. idk, this is fun, i love disc golf

PoeticLogic said:
Don't get me wrong both companies are great and have great discs and both have some that aren't so great. I wouldn't burn the Groove, it's a first run it's worth too much for that.

I just REALLY hate the typical Innova only player attitude that Discraft are all nothing but junk and not true at all. I've been trying out a few Innova discs again lately, like the Aviar AP I didn't like cause it skipped on basket so easy, but I am LOVING the Classic Aviar, it's so, so, so straight flying, Firebird are nice to overhead throws (as are Flicks). I have a Star Wraith coming to see if it preforms better for me then my Pulse and Force, not that they are bad at all, THEY ARE GREAT. I'm getting just under 400ft drives sidearm with them, but I'm always looking for a putter, drivers, midranges that might out perform discs I currently have (not that distance is all I look for in a driver, it's got to be nice and controllable).

The Groove just doesn't work for me, for those that it does, great. It's not operator error, cause ALL my drivers out drive it. It's just not overstable enough for my sidearm and the rim is ackward for backhand to me. I guess to me such thing of too wide of a rim, didn't think so until I got the Groove, that's just my preference.

Wade Sullivan said:
awesome, well put. I agree 100%

I'm dieing to ask (being you have both) how would you compare your Xcaliber and Monster to the Pulse and Force (beings since I picked up my sidearm that's almost all I drive with is the Pulse and Force.

Wade Sullivan said:
i havent thrown the groove, so i dont know. i know as much as what i read on here. i guess im the same way. i talk about how a certain disc has low glide for what i want and i hear i need to try this or that disc, so i do. sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. and the suggestions i get are from both sides of the 'fence'. i know the only two overstable drivers i have in my bag that are innova are the champion monster and a star x-caliber. all others are discraft, a force, a pulse, one esp avenger and one flx avenger, and a first run crush. the lower end of stability in my bag are all innova. i like the express but i like the orc better. i putt discraft now, but used to LOVE the aviar-x. probably the only reason i dont putt those anymore because the ones i bought are in the lake and haven't got around to picking up more. you are right, innova ONLY players act like yuppies to the rest of the disc golf world a lot of times, but i know a lot of DGers who are arrogant and throw discraft too. i agree that everyone should have fun no matter what and treat everyone equally, but i am on the competitive side of the sport and i can understand how some golfers would seem arrogant, just because they are trying to stay ahead of the competition. i know the two companies compete for business, so its easy to see why there is a huge back-and-forth about who is better, etc.. idk, this is fun, i love disc golf

PoeticLogic said:

Wade Sullivan said:
I could image, I didn't really get that from Discraft players though when I was trying out a lot of Gateway or Millennium. Usually I got, what was that you just threw (cause they rarely see them, but know it's not Innova or Discraft).

I try to be really humble when asked for help on the course. I give my honest opinion, but I also state it's just my opinion, that there are other players that swear by other discs then I do.

Like I swear by the Pulse, but I know a player that is sidearm that learned on the Pulse, but prefers Wraith and Destroyers so I figure might as well give them a try as well.

By the way Blurr prototypes are awesome overhead discs if you havn't tried one, don't know about the regular runs. I liked the Magic putters for a little bit too, I got away from them only because of they didn't seem to handle well in wind and we get a lot of when here in the valley of the mountains in Colorado Springs.

Mark Stephens said:
Try being a Gateway guy. I have to hear it from both Innova AND Discraft guys! ; )

PoeticLogic said:

Wade Sullivan said:
I certainly only meant to try and cadge a few free discs from Mark Ellis when I wrote this...not start a fight over Discraft and Innova. But since he isn't going to come on and pony up some swag for my clear pandering, swing away!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968