www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I went out and did some distance throwing with my buddy but i didnt bring my own discs. Its hard to get good distance without knowing the tendencies of a certain disc. Shit be crazy how we can chuck our own discs with  that much precision.Agree??

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kind of why I don't want to buy any new discs right now. I know all of the discs in my bag and I know how to throw them.

Agreed, but I also feel that learning New discs can keep things fresh and help us to see new lines and possibilities. Case in point... New blizzard discs have added distance to my throws w less effort but definitely took some time to get used to.

Exactly why the loss of a favorite/primary driver can be such a devastating loss. Is there any other sport where the loss of equipment can be so devastating?

I wish I could quit being "Addicted" to Plastic and leave my bag alone! I finally have a good bag of drivers that I do know very well. If I could quit switching putters all the time, I'd be set!

Distance isn't everything. Look at ball golf. The longest drivers don't always win. Sure it helps. But good approach work is also important.

It's good to have a bag where you can trust each and every disc in there to do what you want it to do.

I do agree and I also believe keeping a smaller number of discs in your bag helps also. I never carry more than 10 discs ever and sometimes even less than that. It makes it so much easier choosing a disc for a shot instead of having like 25 or 30 to chose from.

Baseball glove. There is nothing worse than having to retire a glove and break in a new one.

I have broken things over lost discs

I agree with you James. BUT, I carry like 22-23 discs. I only carry 8-10 MOLDS though. I like to have Multiples of the same discs in my bag in case I lose one, AND/OR, to have the Same Disc, just a little more/less stable, etc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968