www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New course to go in this spring, beginning with 24 Chainstars and eventually expanding to even more. Will have cement tees and signs. On a former ball golf course that's gone unused for years. You have Bill Gilbert of A3 and the owners of the apt. complex to thank.

We (me and my dad) just laid out the first 10 holes this morning before the blizzard began on the 2nd (his 3rd) walkthrough. Not set in stone, but a few are pretty surely completed. It will take almost no work beyond putting baskets in the ground once the design is done.

Hole #2 will be 1,000 feet long. There are 2 small ponds, with baskets on the edge and shots across them in the design already. Lots of wide open spaces, large pines, no tall grass and no rough.

Check out the recent pictures tagged as Lakeshore and Ypsilanti.

Any local interest in fundraiser discs? Who would commit to buy one?

Tags: Ann Arbor, Lakeshore, Ypsilanti

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the trees on #15 can go, and the ones by it's sides trimmed back. Several basket flags are missing, I noticed one about 500' away by someone's apartment entrance.

Cassidy Mayne said:
Thanks guys for the update. I can't wait to see this course (other than from the road). Wish i could be there through all of this action.

William Gilbert said:
Ben It is your call but Mark P suggested I think hole 16’s basket instead of being under that pine tree at the back edge of the tree that you move it to the center of the pine so the overhanging limbs at the back won’t be overly abused by golfers.
Couldn’t find remember the PRO tee location for 18.
I hadn't played the last 3 or 4 holes before. What is the plan for that tee behind the cherry trees are you going to cut down the cherry's or force them to throw over??? If they are cherrys do we really want to submit them to that kind of potential abuse?
There is a flag missing on one of the holes 14 or 15 maybe, the one with the location behind the 3 bunched pines? I will probably be there Tuesday with you as well just so I can follow what you tell them and such for Wednesday.
already getting vandald. I cant believe it.
Cassidy can you make it any days next week work starts on tuesday at 9AM, ben and i will be there.
Wednesday just myself and thursday probably ben maybe me friday if necessary ben or myself.
I know i cant Tuesday and Wednesday but Thursday and Friday are possibilities. Give me a call and let me know more about whats going on out there and at what times you would need help. 34-945-3915
It is very important that they duct tape the bottom of the sleeves so concrete doesn't get in the sleeve

William Gilbert said:
that is correct they are going to pour the tees, tee signs and baskets all at the same time. To be safe if we don't get a lot of rain next week i would thing in 7 days from monday but i don't want to rush things

So weather permitting the course should be playable within at most 2 weeks.

Terry they are planning on pouring all the holes and etc. Are the final 6 holes designed and marked?
We may not have the baskets, and Mike wants to pour as much concrete as he can to save money on trips.
We need to mark a spot for the practice as well.
I will be buying 25 sleeves tomorrow and getting them to the property.
Am I still welding baskets?
Thanks for that tip garrett about the duct tape. i will get some from the shed tomorrow then.

Yes on the welding i am trying to get 9 baskets from Our storage to get to you before he heads down to BG.
Ben you probably already know this but i don't and didn't so excuse my ignorance

The sleeves are 19.5" long i am sure we are not going to be making holes exactly that depth how do we keep the pole from sinking in??
How do we make sure the locking part is accessible for the lock to be put on.

Did you mention to Terry or ask him if the other 6 holes are laid out. We i would think should plan on getting all 24 holes poured and sleeved etc.
i dont know how locking sleeves work never used them

have to start one w trial n error

personally id LOVE to be sure these baskets go in 1-2" lower than normal so i can putt nose down like the average person yet still pdga legal

they r not laid out
We can do that if we make sure we leave a cup cleared out of for the lock somehow.

Here are the instructions from discraft its still all greek to me. we need commentary from Garrett i guess he is the only person i know who has installed a basket.
Attachments:
I can go over the plans with you Bill if need be. I was going for a drafting degree before i dropped out of collage. ( I'm going tomorrow to talk to a counselor about going back)
good luck with that cassidy really. today in MI a job is more important than disc golf.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968