www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New course to go in this spring, beginning with 24 Chainstars and eventually expanding to even more. Will have cement tees and signs. On a former ball golf course that's gone unused for years. You have Bill Gilbert of A3 and the owners of the apt. complex to thank.

We (me and my dad) just laid out the first 10 holes this morning before the blizzard began on the 2nd (his 3rd) walkthrough. Not set in stone, but a few are pretty surely completed. It will take almost no work beyond putting baskets in the ground once the design is done.

Hole #2 will be 1,000 feet long. There are 2 small ponds, with baskets on the edge and shots across them in the design already. Lots of wide open spaces, large pines, no tall grass and no rough.

Check out the recent pictures tagged as Lakeshore and Ypsilanti.

Any local interest in fundraiser discs? Who would commit to buy one?

Tags: Ann Arbor, Lakeshore, Ypsilanti

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill, I have the next 6 holes roughed out in my head but not marked. I understand the desire to do all the concrete at once, so I will do my best to mark them before Tuesday. Ditto with a location for the practice basket.
I can show someone the way I put the sleeves in. If you would like It is the most Important part of the install IMO. I would love to help with this part If I can what day are they going in? Is it Tues,Wed or Thurs?
Thanks Terry

Garrett the first batch to be planted should be Wednesday assuming the weather coorperates.
Holes dug, prep work starting on Tuesday. They will be building the forms, digging holes and such on Tuesday, planning on actual pouring on Wednesday. I will be there most of the day on Wednesday so if you want to go there with me we can ride together or separate Garrett. Have to be there before 9AM on all the work days. i plan on being there on Tuesday just to learn things from Ben about tees and such.
I just started a new job so I don't know my work schedule yet. But I will try and be there weds. The sleeves are the most important thing to get straight(level)
maybe when you get off work tonight or tomorrow we can talk about it. and you can explain it to me at least.
I dropped 24 sleeves at the complex today but i kept one to look at it in case i could talk to you about it.
I will be getting off today around 2 or 230 ill call you then bill

William Gilbert said:
maybe when you get off work tonight or tomorrow we can talk about it. and you can explain it to me at least.
I dropped 24 sleeves at the complex today but i kept one to look at it in case i could talk to you about it.
Bill- is this thing going to be pushed back? Snow and 38-42 high on Tuesday.
i haven't heard as of yet about a postponement, i will contact them and see what they have to say
To all, Ben i emailed Sheila & Terry about this plan, Lakeshore wants to have a Grand Opening so we will be attempting to arrange this with them. We have begun discussing dates he really wants an April date but it may have to wait until May. we have Mayhem on the 26th and 1-disc on the 29th. I am kind of allowing 2 weeks for the completion of the course if it starts on the 7th it should be completed by the 10th, baskets in the ground tentively the week after. Once Grahan has been given the baskets to weld. locks have been ordered locking sleeves bought.

The dates i mentioned to Sheila & Terry do not look feasable, so we may have to do it in May.
Just so everybody knows Day 1 of work on Lakeshore is officially postponed due to to much snow and being to cold to pour concrete.

Talked to the concrete guy we will be on a Day to Day basis until it melts enough. I will post a msg here tomorrow about wednesday.

I know this is going to cause a problem for Ben as he has classes on Wed., as of the last time i had spoken with Garrett he is going to be there wednesday. but that may change as well.

Terry/Ben, Dana the concrete guy is planning on forming 24 tees on the first prep day and then pouring concrete the next day. The tee size we requested was 6 x 12, correct? Once the groud is ready to pour.

The issue we may have is how many marking flags are gone so that we can't find them and basket markers etc. conna be really hard to find them if they are under snow or missing. I am not really comfortable with the final 4 holes meaning i don't know where all the tees are. the final or extra 6 i don't know anything about yet unless terry had time to mark them this weekend.
Well Bill I'm still game for Thursday if you need me.
All 24 are marked, but you will not be able to accurately find all or most tees/basket placements until the snow is all gone! Most are just painted on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968