www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New course to go in this spring, beginning with 24 Chainstars and eventually expanding to even more. Will have cement tees and signs. On a former ball golf course that's gone unused for years. You have Bill Gilbert of A3 and the owners of the apt. complex to thank.

We (me and my dad) just laid out the first 10 holes this morning before the blizzard began on the 2nd (his 3rd) walkthrough. Not set in stone, but a few are pretty surely completed. It will take almost no work beyond putting baskets in the ground once the design is done.

Hole #2 will be 1,000 feet long. There are 2 small ponds, with baskets on the edge and shots across them in the design already. Lots of wide open spaces, large pines, no tall grass and no rough.

Check out the recent pictures tagged as Lakeshore and Ypsilanti.

Any local interest in fundraiser discs? Who would commit to buy one?

Tags: Ann Arbor, Lakeshore, Ypsilanti

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the consumption of the masses.
The snow yesterday has forced a delay of a week on the beginning of work.
Work will start next tuesday the 14th assuming mother nature or jack frost don't cause further problems.
Ben and I will be out at Lakeshore tomorrow, Saturday, probably at 11 or before, to do a lot of new marking and rearranging. My son-in-law, Nic, visiting from NYC, is likely to join us at about 12:30 or 1 for a round to the stakes, in case anyone else would like to join us. Earlier, Ben and I will be working hard and unable to show you around the course.

Now that we know where all 24 holes are, I have figured a numbering system for the holes that provides for two loops of 9 holes (1-9, 10-18), a loop of 18 (1-18), or a loop of 24 (1-2, A-F, then 3-18). That means that some of the holes already numbered will be renumbered. Ben doesn't like that idea much but I think it makes far more sense for user comfort over time. We are engaged in discussion, but I think he'll come around.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968