www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New course to go in this spring, beginning with 24 Chainstars and eventually expanding to even more. Will have cement tees and signs. On a former ball golf course that's gone unused for years. You have Bill Gilbert of A3 and the owners of the apt. complex to thank.

We (me and my dad) just laid out the first 10 holes this morning before the blizzard began on the 2nd (his 3rd) walkthrough. Not set in stone, but a few are pretty surely completed. It will take almost no work beyond putting baskets in the ground once the design is done.

Hole #2 will be 1,000 feet long. There are 2 small ponds, with baskets on the edge and shots across them in the design already. Lots of wide open spaces, large pines, no tall grass and no rough.

Check out the recent pictures tagged as Lakeshore and Ypsilanti.

Any local interest in fundraiser discs? Who would commit to buy one?

Tags: Ann Arbor, Lakeshore, Ypsilanti

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be there again Monday (tomorrow) around 1:00 pm after class if anyone wants to throw.
I may be able to join you I will call you and let you know

Ben Calhoun said:
I'll be there again Monday (tomorrow) around 1:00 pm after class if anyone wants to throw.
I just got back from marking it better and shooting the longs. It flows fairly well and I'm happy with it as is. I moved #4 long tee back 20 ft.

I have detailed pics of every hole to upload now and will work on a map.

Who wants to play it tomorrow? Daytime.
what time are you thinking of playing tomorrow ben?
Probably around 11. I have to work at 4.
Bill- the maintenance guy rolled up and mentioned they are ready to pour tees now. Soon as we say go basically.
Damn... they are on the ball. cant wait to see it in the ground... hell cant wait to see it period
lol
Do we need to mark the tees any better? or just tell them start building forms and such. If they are ready lets not hold them up.
It is well painted just say in front of Clubhouse, and there's map on here. Someone informative (me or terry or you) MUST be there when they pour. Need to find out about framing, etc. Id like to see it played some more, and by big arms, b4 we set it 'in stone'.
well i think we need to get a big armed lefty to play it as well.

Can anybody get ahold of mark ellis? Is Geoff Bennett a lefty? and if so can anybody contact him?

So we don't want to proceed to fast but we don't want to drag feet to much.
We could try again to get people to come out and play next weekend. The big competition will be the march mush MDGO FE in lansing is going on. I can use my email contacts and clubs to attempt to get people out. Maybe if we offer a few random pieces of plastic to random winners we might be able to get people out, i would have to get the Boards approval for this part.
I can safely tell you i do not know anything about pouring tees except we need to make sure they are level and set flush with the ground, unless you just want to make sure we have somebody with disc golf knowledge there to watch things for the disc golfer. But i should be able to be there and wouldn't mind being the if you or terry are to learn more course design things anyways.
Bennett is in St. Louis now. Tim Gacioch can throw big sidearm. Justin Leopold is a big arm lefty.

Someone has to make sure they point the tees the right way and all that.
I Should be able to handle that then.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968