www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New course to go in this spring, beginning with 24 Chainstars and eventually expanding to even more. Will have cement tees and signs. On a former ball golf course that's gone unused for years. You have Bill Gilbert of A3 and the owners of the apt. complex to thank.

We (me and my dad) just laid out the first 10 holes this morning before the blizzard began on the 2nd (his 3rd) walkthrough. Not set in stone, but a few are pretty surely completed. It will take almost no work beyond putting baskets in the ground once the design is done.

Hole #2 will be 1,000 feet long. There are 2 small ponds, with baskets on the edge and shots across them in the design already. Lots of wide open spaces, large pines, no tall grass and no rough.

Check out the recent pictures tagged as Lakeshore and Ypsilanti.

Any local interest in fundraiser discs? Who would commit to buy one?

Tags: Ann Arbor, Lakeshore, Ypsilanti

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

10 AM round today! I will leave a map at #1, which is in front of the clubhouse and runs parallel to the street on it's left.
Ben Calhoun said:
MAPS:

PRINT BOTH!

http://www.discgolfersr.us/photo/lakeshore-map-part-2

FYI.....the hyperlinks above wouldn't work for me....the inset window would open and close before I could look (or print) the maps....I was using latest version of Mozilla firefox.....I was only able to print the maps off by going directly to the photos section of Ben's personal page.....

http://www.discgolfersr.us/photo/lakeshore-map-part-1?context=user
Orange marking paint. paint a square on the ground the size and direction you want. we should measure hudsons tees and make them the same size.

Ben Calhoun said:
Bennett is in St. Louis now. Tim Gacioch can throw big sidearm. Justin Leopold is a big arm lefty.

Someone has to make sure they point the tees the right way and all that.
Ben and I will be out there at Noon this Saturday, March 21, to do one final play-through for tweaking some tee and pin positions. You're welcome to join us, especially if you are a big-arm lefty or righty forehander.
First I've heard of the new course, I really should browse Dgrus a bit more. Working in the A2/Ypsi area I have been throwing a lot at EMU & Bandamere. Looking forward to checking out the new place to really grip it & rip it. I'm a big fan of the Big D course at the Willowbrook in Byron.
Today @ Noon- final layout. Be there.
Hey, I'm new to this site, but I live in Lakeshore Aparments, if you need any help getting the course put together let me know, I'd be happy to volunteer any time I have open. I'm looking forward to playing this course and have thought they should have done this a long time ago.
Welcome daniel to the discussion really the idea just took a little dumb luck and cold calling on Mike the property manager. you might have been able to sell the idea to him as well. luckily during the summer i was driving by that property all the time and 1 day just drove in and sold mike in a little over and hour.

Congratulations to you and all the other tenants there.
Any word on when I need to weld yet
Sorry garrett i have been waiting for the board approval of the expense. i also need to coordinate with lakeshore and with the calhouns.

the calhouns are ready, lakeshore seems ready the board was picking its nose and i think i have the approval to spend the money so hopfully by fridayi canwork out beginnning wlding for you.
keep me in the loop of you job search for you.
hey awesome news guys! i'll be glad to help if you need anything!
No big deal bill just wanted to bump and ask all at the same time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968