www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New course to go in this spring, beginning with 24 Chainstars and eventually expanding to even more. Will have cement tees and signs. On a former ball golf course that's gone unused for years. You have Bill Gilbert of A3 and the owners of the apt. complex to thank.

We (me and my dad) just laid out the first 10 holes this morning before the blizzard began on the 2nd (his 3rd) walkthrough. Not set in stone, but a few are pretty surely completed. It will take almost no work beyond putting baskets in the ground once the design is done.

Hole #2 will be 1,000 feet long. There are 2 small ponds, with baskets on the edge and shots across them in the design already. Lots of wide open spaces, large pines, no tall grass and no rough.

Check out the recent pictures tagged as Lakeshore and Ypsilanti.

Any local interest in fundraiser discs? Who would commit to buy one?

Tags: Ann Arbor, Lakeshore, Ypsilanti

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just tried to go out and take a quick look at the course. guards are not letting anyone in with out Ben or Terry present. From what I could see from the road the pics that Ben posted don't give the property justice. Looks like a beautiful piece of property to put a course. I liked how one of the tees is up on a mound. I cant wait to play it.
Yea, it is beautiful land for sure, I take walks there a lot as I live in the complex. I'm hoping to do a walkthrough tomorrow. Hopefully my Lakeshore ID will allow me free reign.
Just dont' tell them you are going out there. the first tee is near the north fence by the club house running along that north fence then down the east fence before it gets tricky. Sorry i will be at our tourney at hudson mills tomorrow morning.
No worries. I should be able to hold off till it is in the ground. I was just out for a drive trying to get my youngest to take a nap and was over in the area.
Cassidey why aren't you playing in no foolin???
Because it is sanctioned?

You really need to talk to me privately about that problem?
I think a coworker of mine, Bob D., might be playing in that tourney. I don't plan on throwing, I tweaked my elbow a little on a thumber today at rolling, I just wanted to follow the map and walk the path. Good luck tomorrow.

William Gilbert said:
Just dont' tell them you are going out there. the first tee is near the north fence by the club house running along that north fence then down the east fence before it gets tricky. Sorry i will be at our tourney at hudson mills tomorrow morning.
any updates on this course?
Ben and Sheila spent several hours out there today, marking the tees with accuracy. They met up with Bill Gilbert and Mark Piotrowski, who were there to meet with the complex manager, Mike.

Word is that apartment complex staff will begin putting the forms and concrete in for tees starting next Tuesday!
that is correct they are going to pour the tees, tee signs and baskets all at the same time. To be safe if we don't get a lot of rain next week i would thing in 7 days from monday but i don't want to rush things

So weather permitting the course should be playable within at most 2 weeks.

Terry they are planning on pouring all the holes and etc. Are the final 6 holes designed and marked?
We may not have the baskets, and Mike wants to pour as much concrete as he can to save money on trips.
We need to mark a spot for the practice as well.
I will be buying 25 sleeves tomorrow and getting them to the property.
Changes made today: After shooting over the road into a yard on #2 in a 40 mph crosswind, I moved #2 basket to the right about 75' making it a long turnover approach, throwing away from the fence. Now #3 could and has been extended back to the fence for the long tee, shooting over the former pin placement, making for a real hole not a wide open filler hole. #9 long tee is now back into the woods about 80'. And #15 is behind the row of cherry trees, not in front.
Ben It is your call but Mark P suggested I think hole 16’s basket instead of being under that pine tree at the back edge of the tree that you move it to the center of the pine so the overhanging limbs at the back won’t be overly abused by golfers.
Couldn’t find remember the PRO tee location for 18.
I hadn't played the last 3 or 4 holes before. What is the plan for that tee behind the cherry trees are you going to cut down the cherry's or force them to throw over??? If they are cherrys do we really want to submit them to that kind of potential abuse?
There is a flag missing on one of the holes 14 or 15 maybe, the one with the location behind the 3 bunched pines? I will probably be there Tuesday with you as well just so I can follow what you tell them and such for Wednesday.
Thanks guys for the update. I can't wait to see this course (other than from the road). Wish i could be there through all of this action.

William Gilbert said:
Ben It is your call but Mark P suggested I think hole 16’s basket instead of being under that pine tree at the back edge of the tree that you move it to the center of the pine so the overhanging limbs at the back won’t be overly abused by golfers.
Couldn’t find remember the PRO tee location for 18.
I hadn't played the last 3 or 4 holes before. What is the plan for that tee behind the cherry trees are you going to cut down the cherry's or force them to throw over??? If they are cherrys do we really want to submit them to that kind of potential abuse?
There is a flag missing on one of the holes 14 or 15 maybe, the one with the location behind the 3 bunched pines? I will probably be there Tuesday with you as well just so I can follow what you tell them and such for Wednesday.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968