www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My home course ( Live Oak ) located near San Antonio Tx. has around 40 baskets. Whats the largest course you guys know of and where?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that highbridge hills in northern wisconsin has 5-18 hole courses on its site. This isnt all one course but i dont know of any that have more holes in one place, not to say they arent out there though
It is all in one park. Although all of the holes are not on any course map there are that many bskets.
Actually more then the 48.. some of those holes have what are known are the "Black" pins or "Champion" baskets.. so some hole have 2 baskets.
Don't forget about Mason County Park in Ludington, that park has 3 24 hole course right along the edge of Lake Michigan. It's pretty awesome.
I beleive Fort Stillicom ( not sure of spelling) in Washington state has 60+ baskets/holes, but that is word of mouth from friends that live up there.
Cliff Stephens has 21 Holes (1-18 and A,B,C) and a practice basket.
22 total baskets.
The Clearwater Disc Golf Store installed a 27 hole course in Hudson, FL but it only lasted a year.
We had to move it down the road to Word of Life property where there are still 18 holes in Hudson, Pay to Play, $2 ALL DAY.
The other 9 baskets went to Word of Life in NY. Installed on their private island. Yes, you have to take a boat to get to them. The island is made of Big Rocks and Boulders with elevation. Sweet!
In the winter they move the baskets to the Ranch headquarters up the street for some winter golf. The island is Closed.

Spring Valley Disc Golf Course in Spring ,TX (Just outside of Houston) has 27 holes. 18 Finesse holes that play around a 9-hole ball golf course, and 9 holes that play right down the ball golf course. These holes are called the "Power 9" since they range from 400-956ft long.

Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock , TX (south of Houston) has two 18-hole courses in the park. One is fun, and good for all, and one is only for the hard core disc golfers. It was built by the local disc golfers, and its the hardest course I have ever played.
I dont know if i can even see 956 feet
Lemon Lake, Crown Point , Indiana, 4 18 hole courses, 2010 Worlds will be there in July!
yea, the biggest i've played are the Lester Lorch courses, 2 18 hole courses backed up to one another, sometimes sharing the same fairway, the Coyote and the Beaver, located in Cedar Hill, TX. Super tough courses.
Four Mound disc golf reserve in Spokane, WA has 3 18 hole courses, all large and challenging, and I think that there is a 9 hole up there too. $5 a car, but only open Sundays right now...
Hickory HIlls has 24 and it's by far on of northern michigans most beautiful courses, i recommend

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968