www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently purchased an Opto line Blitz and was wondering if anyone is very familiar with that line of plastics. It feels like a Crystal Z but it seems like it's grippy like an esp or pro-d disc. It's super fast and super stable. I'm ready to beat it in and am hoping that once it's banged up it will play like a stable destroyer with the speed of a boss.

comments? GO!

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

comment
if its anything like their gold line its going to take a long time to break in. I have a gold line core and I love it. Amazing disc
I think that it's even more durable than the gold line. I have a vision that I use quite a bit for turnover shots and it's taken a while for it to show any kind of wear. Amazing plastic in my opinion; gummy, grippy, and still really durable.
IMO the Blitz is kind of like a Monster or Firebird. It's their Halo that is like a Destroyer, but even that's a bit more stable than the Destroyer. The plastic is sick. I have a Halo in both plastics. It will take some time for it to break in, but it's worth the wait.
thanks for the comments guys. I have been playing it mainly as a sidearm disc and if it happens to beat in the way I'd like it to then I can play some flex backhand shots on it. I have read about the halo and a few of their other discs and am very interested in picking some up. they seem to be well made pieces, I've had mine maybe a week and it's holding up surprisingly well for the number of trees I hit with it playing a deep wooded course over the weekend.
Opto Line Plastic from Latitude 64 is compared to and similar to Champion Plastic from Innova or Elite Z Plastic from Discraft.

It is going to take you a year to break that thing in lol
I would say, that the Striker and the Core seem to be the most popular. The Striker is money. I hate to say it, but it's my water hole disc. Since I won't even pull out my CE Teebird even if there is a water puddle lol!!!
Sounds like a year of fun!!!
I am a fan of their Gold Line plastic, but shied away from the opto because I thought it would be slick & non-grippy like Champion or Z plastic... I may have to reconsider.
The opto plastic is definitly more "tacky" than Champ or Z plastic, especially when warm. I absolutely LOVE the feel of the Opto discs, I wish there was more discs from Lat64 that I liked so I could throw more discs in that plastic! Give one a try for sure, it's a different feel than Champ or Z, different in nothing but a better way.
I'm thinkin' an Opto Striker may be what I'm lookin' for as I'm a big TeeBird fan & that seems to be their closest one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968