www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently purchased an Opto line Blitz and was wondering if anyone is very familiar with that line of plastics. It feels like a Crystal Z but it seems like it's grippy like an esp or pro-d disc. It's super fast and super stable. I'm ready to beat it in and am hoping that once it's banged up it will play like a stable destroyer with the speed of a boss.

comments? GO!

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

comment
if its anything like their gold line its going to take a long time to break in. I have a gold line core and I love it. Amazing disc
I think that it's even more durable than the gold line. I have a vision that I use quite a bit for turnover shots and it's taken a while for it to show any kind of wear. Amazing plastic in my opinion; gummy, grippy, and still really durable.
IMO the Blitz is kind of like a Monster or Firebird. It's their Halo that is like a Destroyer, but even that's a bit more stable than the Destroyer. The plastic is sick. I have a Halo in both plastics. It will take some time for it to break in, but it's worth the wait.
thanks for the comments guys. I have been playing it mainly as a sidearm disc and if it happens to beat in the way I'd like it to then I can play some flex backhand shots on it. I have read about the halo and a few of their other discs and am very interested in picking some up. they seem to be well made pieces, I've had mine maybe a week and it's holding up surprisingly well for the number of trees I hit with it playing a deep wooded course over the weekend.
Opto Line Plastic from Latitude 64 is compared to and similar to Champion Plastic from Innova or Elite Z Plastic from Discraft.

It is going to take you a year to break that thing in lol
I would say, that the Striker and the Core seem to be the most popular. The Striker is money. I hate to say it, but it's my water hole disc. Since I won't even pull out my CE Teebird even if there is a water puddle lol!!!
Sounds like a year of fun!!!
I am a fan of their Gold Line plastic, but shied away from the opto because I thought it would be slick & non-grippy like Champion or Z plastic... I may have to reconsider.
The opto plastic is definitly more "tacky" than Champ or Z plastic, especially when warm. I absolutely LOVE the feel of the Opto discs, I wish there was more discs from Lat64 that I liked so I could throw more discs in that plastic! Give one a try for sure, it's a different feel than Champ or Z, different in nothing but a better way.
I'm thinkin' an Opto Striker may be what I'm lookin' for as I'm a big TeeBird fan & that seems to be their closest one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968