www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so I was looking to try a Lat 64 disc about 2 months ago and decided on a River.. hands down the easiest disc to throw that I have ever tried. The damn thing just seems to want to fly forever. This made me want to try other Lat 64 discs. last week my Flow arrived and I'll be damned if it wasn't as easy to throw as the River. 

so, are they all this nice?

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course the common answer to the question "are they all that nice?" will be something along the lines of "depends on your skill level, needs, style of shot, etc". But the correct answer is: Yes, they are all that nice.

yeah I realize that proper disc selection for my skill level goes a LOOOONG way. a classic example for me is that on day 2 of my disc golf lifetime, I bought a Boss... yeah that didn't work out so well LMAO

Colin hit it right on the head! I love my lat 64 discs! They seem to fly forever and they feel so good in my hands.

I have been happy with all my Lat 64 discs so far. Every one has been nice and they love to glide. Also, I noticed they are more of a finesse kind of disc that favors good form. I own a River, Striker, Fuse, Pure and Bolt and I don't see them leaving my bag anytime soon.

Havoc is a nice disc that reminds me of a Banshee.

My favorite Lat discs thus far are the Zero Pure and Opto and GL River.  I love using my Pure for upshots, controlled drives, turnovers, low power situations, and now it is my putter after giving most of Gateways putters lengthy tries.  LOVE the grip of the Zero compound.

How has the zero plastic held up on your pure? I have one too but I only use it for putting because the plastic seems like its going to get torn up

I never really drive with my Pure because I got it in a lighter weight to fill a spot for certain putting situations where I need a light floater. I drive with my Wizard

The Opto Pure has been produced in a limited quantity and distibuted as the Lat64 Christmas gift to several customers and friends. The production runs should come along soon enough. Then game on.

I find them (the ones i"ve tried) to be pretty forgiving when it comes to operator error (nose angles). However, I mainly throw slightly stable to under stable discs. The Lats I've tried or have in my bag are the Vision (well it lost out to my Sidewinder again), Bolt (great disc!), Havoc (see Bolt :).

Some greats, but with a fatal flaw (for me). Striker and Core. The flaw for me is that they are too long for their own good! The Striker is a fairway driver that is close to the older drivers (Valk, Orc) in "D" and the Core is a mid that almost has fairway driver "D". You wouldn't think better "D" would be an issue, but they fall in that tweener area for me. Ya know "why power up the Striker when my Valk can get there" or " Why take a little off the Striker, when my Teebird will do the trick".

Westside also makes some great discs and they use Lat 64 plastic. Oh and one other nice thing about their uber long drivers. The rims are not crazy wide like you will find with some Innova and Discraft drivers (Nuke and Boss)

In my bag I have: Fuse, Core, 3-Rivers, Striker, Flow, Riot, Halo, Bolt. They are all in Opto except for the Halo. They all do what the manufacturer say they will do, and then some. They like to be thrown with nice clean form rather than a ton of muscle. The plastic is tough as nails with a nice long break in period. They are easily the best looking discs on the maket. The River is my favorite mold, with the Fuse and Bolt right on its ass.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968