www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just purchased a Latitude 64 pro bag in November 2010 after researching many different models. I choose the bag for it's unique design, large capacity, and price value.

I love the bag and it serves my needs well. The material and construction is very good. I am curious however why they made the bag so large in comparison to the disc diameter. There seems to be 3-4 inches of wasted space in the width dimension. This allows the discs to roll around a bit. The dividers work well for keeping the discs organized in the length dimesion, but I could probably fit several cans of soda/beer at the bottom of the bag due to the curvature of the discs.

The only reason I can imagine why the bag is so wide, is that it forms a curvature around your hip or back kind of like an accordion instead of being straight like a board when carrying the bag. I'm sure this adds to comfort, but again I wonder if maybe I got a bag with a design error.

I was thinking of adding some type of cradle or rack or frame device to compensate for the extreme width, but I really don't have any ideas on that, nor do I want to add any dead weight.

I would appreciate any feedback or thoughts from anyone else who has this bag.

Tags: 64, Latitude

Views: 341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also have a Lat 64 bag. I also had an Innova comp or tour bag? (it's their 2nd largest bag). To make them lighter or cheaper, they have a soft internal frame and that sucker is a perfect fit for the Lat 64 bag. It qorks great and you really don't loose any disc space.
Just checked Innova's site. It is their Competition bag.

Peace!
I did the same thing, then added a set of quads and made it a great bag.
Hey thanks a lot for your input. I'm looking to get a set of quads now that I can carry more discs. Does anyone know of a place where I can get just the innova or fadegear internal frame without having to buy the bag.
I'd start another post asking for it, becasue another person was looking for a fame as well. I think he had several responses. You can also try Discaroo, but be carefull on that site. People have gotten ripped off. You could also check the web stores? Not sure if they sell it by itself, but it's worth a try.
Also, If Phenix still sells the smaller quadshox. I would get those. I found that since all the connections are onthe top of the bag. The standard sized quads were a bit long, but that's what worked for ME. Oh and I'm 5'11". So just some food for thought.
fade tourney disc hugger frame works in these too
just ordered me an Ogio backpack style bag. can't wait to get it and load my gear in it and throw some rounds.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968