www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Let's compare/contrast (argue) about these two upstart companies The innova/discraft bashing is getting old

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like the gateway that i have thrown so far but most have been putters and approach discs; wizard, warlock, voodo. couple buddies have some drivers like the diablo DT and they really like them, found a blurr and threw it once had no real like/dislikes about it. have never thrown any lat64 plastic so i cant comment on them.

why have you left out quest AT? as far as i know they are only company coming up with anything from outside of the box. people really liked thier turbo putters when they were PDGA approved. i have heard that thier "wheel"? is the biggest piece of crap ever invented and put into production, i personally couldnt even get a clean release to see if it even rolled straight with a friends. they do make a lot of understable discs that i have never even seen, but would like to try out.

total not worth posting, but maybe it will stir up some contravesy. oh god donny sydrome, shit, im screwed.
Just tryin to cause a ruckus
da "kingpin" said:
i like the gateway that i have thrown so far but most have been putters and approach discs; wizard, warlock, voodo. couple buddies have some drivers like the diablo DT and they really like them, found a blurr and threw it once had no real like/dislikes about it. have never thrown any lat64 plastic so i cant comment on them.

why have you left out quest AT? as far as i know they are only company coming up with anything from outside of the box. people really liked thier turbo putters when they were PDGA approved. i have heard that thier "wheel"? is the biggest piece of crap ever invented and put into production, i personally couldnt even get a clean release to see if it even rolled straight with a friends. they do make a lot of understable discs that i have never even seen, but would like to try out.

total not worth posting, but maybe it will stir up some contravesy. oh god donny sydrome, shit, im screwed.

Almost !!!!!
Lattitude 64 is way better than gateway, hands down.
Gateway makes the best putters out there. Sure there are alot of aviar, challenger and magnet people out there, but nothing beats a wizard for true stability. I currently also use their new putter, the voodoo, downhill putts outside of 25 feet, something about the straight forward drop/fade of its flight. Also, Gateway has nailed an incredible mix of polymers in their plastic. It is really nice to have putters of the same mold, with the same stiffness, with different amounts of tack/grip on the exterior.
I have not thrown any Gateway drivers, but have owned an element and demon before, can't say that I would ever throw the demon unless there were 30 mph head winds, and the element is a quick mid-range, almost a slow driver, somewhere slower than a leopard with a little more stability. It is a larger diameter midrange, so it has decent glide. I found it to be a nice alternative to an Innova Shark, which has its distance limits due low HSS.

As for Latitude 64, I have only thrown two discs, the Core and the Vision, both in the Opto plastic. This is where Lat 64 has a potential edge on any other disc manufacture...the Opto line is the best feeling plastic there is.
I like the Core as a low speed midrange or a lofty turnover short range driver. Fairly useful for nice and low hyzer flips. I would probably have kept it in the bag if its uses weren't covered by the more versatile twosome I keep for the same purposes, the Innova Champ. Coyote and Star Kite.
The Vision I love as a long turnover driver, but is also very good for hyzer-flips and tail winds that need to turn a little. I think of the Vision as a slightly less stable Beast.

I have never thrown nor have I met anyone who has thrown a Lat 64 putter.

So there it is: Gateway has the edge on putters, Lat 64 has it on plastic. Doesn't seem very exclusive to me, but I am a fan of the mixed bag.
nitegolfer said:
Lattitude 64 is way better than gateway, hands down.

Oh no you didn't, Gateway is much better.
I like Gateway far better with the exception of them not having the voodoo approved fast enough and the titans still not being approved for tournament play.
I throw a pretty wide array of discs currently in my bag I have some Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Latitude 64, and Daredevil Discs (go buy a Timberwolf, it will likely replace your Teebird...it is SOOO NICE)

Latitude 64 and Gateway are both interesting companies with good products. I would like to point out though, Gateway is not as much of an upstart company. They have been around MUCH longer than Latitude 64 and they have products that are very much staples in our disc golf world. Obviously they are best known for their putters, but the Gateway Bags are well loved by many as well.

L 64 has some interesting discs, I have personally thrown the Medius in their Grip Line and the Vision in the Opto Line. I found the Medius to be a bit more stable than a Roc, but not as overstable as a Drone, almost the stability of a Gator, but the feel of a dx Roc Good disc, nice and grippy and pretty durable. The Vision is pretty much a faster, less stable Sidewinder. To get it straight requires little power and a lot of hyzer, but it makes a sweet roller and is in the bag for such a purpose.

Gateway discs are becoming more and more my go to discs. I live and die by my SSS Warlock putter. One of the most usefull discs in my bag is my 180gram S Element, it has the most consistent understable flight...when thrown on a slight hyzer it goes 200ft straight and then turns to the right and never comes back. Grippy S Demon for a nice overstable mid and an E Element for straight mids. If you need a straight driver for 350 ft straight shots or slight left to right turn. Buy an Assassin Now. they aren't the longest discs, but they hold a nice line and feel great in the hand. I use an E Illusion for nice long big flex throws on open holes. My E Blurr recently replaced my Z Predator for headwind drives under 380ft actually got my first and only ace on my 3rd throw with the Blurr. ...

Basically. I love disc golf and all of the wonderful discs I get to throw while playing....but Gateway has been treating us right and lately, if I have 2 discs that do the same thing for me and one is Gateway, that is what I carry. Gateway's new Clear Evolution plastic is fantastic and as long as they keep making discs, I'll keep throwin em...

sorry this is so long. Thanks to the one guy that read this entire rant. : )
Granted i have a biased opinion, Gateway hands down! Best putters on the market. The warrior is a great stable mid. Element is a great flippy mid. They have some serious drivers that can get you some major distence if you got the arm. Perfect example is Double G. Kid has won the d. comp now what 3 years ? 2 ? The assassin is also a great flyer for those that dont have the double g or Justin B arm.
hey now,you're welcome.Interesting review/your opinion.Also throw a mixed bag,Try some Quest AT discs.Peace

The Rudibaughs said:
I throw a pretty wide array of discs currently in my bag I have some Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Latitude 64, and Daredevil Discs (go buy a Timberwolf, it will likely replace your Teebird...it is SOOO NICE)

Latitude 64 and Gateway are both interesting companies with good products. I would like to point out though, Gateway is not as much of an upstart company. They have been around MUCH longer than Latitude 64 and they have products that are very much staples in our disc golf world. Obviously they are best known for their putters, but the Gateway Bags are well loved by many as well.

L 64 has some interesting discs, I have personally thrown the Medius in their Grip Line and the Vision in the Opto Line. I found the Medius to be a bit more stable than a Roc, but not as overstable as a Drone, almost the stability of a Gator, but the feel of a dx Roc Good disc, nice and grippy and pretty durable. The Vision is pretty much a faster, less stable Sidewinder. To get it straight requires little power and a lot of hyzer, but it makes a sweet roller and is in the bag for such a purpose.

Gateway discs are becoming more and more my go to discs. I live and die by my SSS Warlock putter. One of the most usefull discs in my bag is my 180gram S Element, it has the most consistent understable flight...when thrown on a slight hyzer it goes 200ft straight and then turns to the right and never comes back. Grippy S Demon for a nice overstable mid and an E Element for straight mids. If you need a straight driver for 350 ft straight shots or slight left to right turn. Buy an Assassin Now. they aren't the longest discs, but they hold a nice line and feel great in the hand. I use an E Illusion for nice long big flex throws on open holes. My E Blurr recently replaced my Z Predator for headwind drives under 380ft actually got my first and only ace on my 3rd throw with the Blurr. ...

Basically. I love disc golf and all of the wonderful discs I get to throw while playing....but Gateway has been treating us right and lately, if I have 2 discs that do the same thing for me and one is Gateway, that is what I carry. Gateway's new Clear Evolution plastic is fantastic and as long as they keep making discs, I'll keep throwin em...

sorry this is so long. Thanks to the one guy that read this entire rant. : )
Gateway is great!!!!!!!!!! I like some of the stuff those Latitude 64 guys are throwing out too. Especially the plastics.
Wanted to point out that Aviar has more championships than all other putters combined. No need to really agrue that point I guess. Hope this doesn't offend anyone. I have just come to realize that some folks on here are very very very sensitive. INNOVA 4 LIFE.
mateo said:
Gateway makes the best putters out there. Sure there are alot of aviar, challenger and magnet people out there, but nothing beats a wizard for true stability. I currently also use their new putter, the voodoo, downhill putts outside of 25 feet, something about the straight forward drop/fade of its flight. Also, Gateway has nailed an incredible mix of polymers in their plastic. It is really nice to have putters of the same mold, with the same stiffness, with different amounts of tack/grip on the exterior.
I have not thrown any Gateway drivers, but have owned an element and demon before, can't say that I would ever throw the demon unless there were 30 mph head winds, and the element is a quick mid-range, almost a slow driver, somewhere slower than a leopard with a little more stability. It is a larger diameter midrange, so it has decent glide. I found it to be a nice alternative to an Innova Shark, which has its distance limits due low HSS.

As for Latitude 64, I have only thrown two discs, the Core and the Vision, both in the Opto plastic. This is where Lat 64 has a potential edge on any other disc manufacture...the Opto line is the best feeling plastic there is.
I like the Core as a low speed midrange or a lofty turnover short range driver. Fairly useful for nice and low hyzer flips. I would probably have kept it in the bag if its uses weren't covered by the more versatile twosome I keep for the same purposes, the Innova Champ. Coyote and Star Kite.
The Vision I love as a long turnover driver, but is also very good for hyzer-flips and tail winds that need to turn a little. I think of the Vision as a slightly less stable Beast.

I have never thrown nor have I met anyone who has thrown a Lat 64 putter.

So there it is: Gateway has the edge on putters, Lat 64 has it on plastic. Doesn't seem very exclusive to me, but I am a fan of the mixed bag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968