www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Let's compare/contrast (argue) about these two upstart companies The innova/discraft bashing is getting old

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Speed Demon is still being produced! I actually picked a few "out of production" discs up from the shop in Jan. The Apex is actually in low production runs but is not a PDGA approved disc yet. You can still order the "out of production" discs online so they still count. Not to be critical or anything....lol.

Scott Kickbusch said:
Not to be a jerk, but I'll be a jerk.

Out of production:
Gateway Disc Sports 844 Sabre
Gateway Disc Sports Apache
Gateway Disc Sports Chief
Gateway Disc Sports Element X
Gateway Disc Sports Scout
Gateway Disc Sports Speed Demon
Gateway Disc Sports Warrior

Not yet in production:
Gateway Disc Sports Apex

Which leaves you with:
Gateway Disc Sports Assassin
Gateway Disc Sports Blast DT
Gateway Disc Sports Blaze
Gateway Disc Sports Blurr
Gateway Disc Sports Demon
Gateway Disc Sports Diablo DT
Gateway Disc Sports Element
Gateway Disc Sports Hybrid
Gateway Disc Sports Illusion
Gateway Disc Sports Magic
Gateway Disc Sports Rage
Gateway Disc Sports Sabre
Gateway Disc Sports Speed Demon DT
Gateway Disc Sports Spirit
Gateway Disc Sports Warlock
Gateway Disc Sports Wizard
Gateway Disc Sports Voodoo
Gateway Disc Sports Warrior re-tool

Which is what I said in the first place.

Smokey said:
I count 26 without including plastic. This does not include those discs made with Quest i.e. Inferno, Raging Inferno, & Raging Inferno D.T. I still have these with the Gateway stamp and in E plastic, not in SRP. LOL, I still remember when they tried to do the "D.T." there were some weird test runs and Dave Mac had them in his truck right after they came out...it was funny when Quest went out on their own they did some crazy stuff.
Well I was told the wing of the Speed Demon was altered so that they could only run the DT, but that's fine. The Apex should be in production soon. So 20 discs. My point is don't exaggerate things by trying to say they have 26 discs becasue you can still find a 163g Chief online or count the putters multiple times and say they have 35 discs. They have 20 discs. What's wrong with that? Why do you need to try to make it seem bigger than it is?
whatever. Lets get back to the topic or are my proto type gateway discs worth any $$? Then we can have another discussion going.lol

David, kinda hard to compare the two. I know you since forever and you have so much love for the sport and you make good discs! And your bags have been used by all the pro's all over the world.Btw, can I get another custom made one?

Latitude has also a bunch of guys who were/are players. They have found some sort of champion plastic(opto) which is even stronger and now with super star Jesper Lundmark onboard,they have a winning combination(it seems).
I have seen their latest discs last weekend at the Dutch Open. Clear plastic which feels good and is very strong. haven't thrown any...They also come with a new putter called PURE. It looks like one of your putters but it could also be a beadless aviar.

Talking about beadless aviars, there is also a company called Discmania and they are from Finland/Jussi Meeresma.
He has a great putter named the P2 and his D-line plastic feels nice to.

Wow,a lot of new company's with good plastic and ideas...
Lets enjoy it.........

Scott Kickbusch said:
Well I was told the wing of the Speed Demon was altered so that they could only run the DT, but that's fine. The Apex should be in production soon. So 20 discs. My point is don't exaggerate things by trying to say they have 26 discs becasue you can still find a 163g Chief online or count the putters multiple times and say they have 35 discs. They have 20 discs. What's wrong with that? Why do you need to try to make it seem bigger than it is?
i agree
For me it comes down to the plastic. IMO it doesn't matter who makes the disc. There are so many molds out there now. That I would bet every company has a Roc type disc and so forth. So it comes down to the plastic. Latitude 64's Opto plastic is some of the best plastic I have tried. The feel is awesome! So having said that. My vote goes to Latitude 64.
I'm mainly Innova but have tried lots of other plastic - My quick impression.

Quest - Waste of time, they are trying so hard to come up with a successful gimmick(Turbo, wheel, Odyssey, etc...) instead of quality discs.
Gateway - Great putters and some other good stuff. The Voodoo has replaced all other putters in my bag. I don't regularily carry any other Gateway stuff but have thrown some that weren't bad.
Lat 64 - I hated the first Lat 64 disc I picked up - A poppy top Primitus, but love the new stuff. Looked at a Trident yesterday and can't wait to throw one. Plastic quality seems excellent.
Never thrown Lat 64 but I LOVE the Wizards

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968