www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We just started local league here in Colorado Springs. Each year somebody new runs it and sometimes the format will change. We run league on both Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Wednesday alternates between singles and doubles with the first Wednesday of the month being a safari doubles at another course. Thursday evening is always doubles. Ace pool is always a buck. What does everybody else do for league?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

our club runs a "monthly" every fourth saturday of the month. Like a PDGA event only alot more casual. We do a year long points series and an end of the year payout. We tried doubles but do to location, we were not succesful with getting enough players so that has been stopped for the time being
Last year our club, Wabash Valley D.G.C. ran three weekly events at two courses. Random Draw Doubles on Sundays, $5 to enter, $1 Ace, $1 CTP optional. Singles handicap on tues. evenings. $5, $1 Ace ,$1 CTP optional at Deming. And we had weighted random draw doubles on thurs. evenings, $5 to enter included $1 CTP (we only used short holes for CTP) $1 Ace optional at Forest Park. This year we started doubles at Deming on tues. and will start doubles at Forest Park on April 1. We are contemplating a bag tag league and tweaking our handicap league. We will have a meeting after doubles on tues. to hopefully sort things out.
Tuesday night doubles $2 to play, $1 optional ace at Tower 1 & 2, Thursday night double same format at Wakanda and Sunday Singles at tower 1 & 2 which is also bag tag, its $3 to play, $1 optional ace, $1 basket fund. On Sundays we give the option of an upper or lower division but it you have a top 25 tag (out of 100) you must play upper.
We had six people show for tonight's doubles round. On singles night we have A pool and B pool, but if you win twice in B pool you must move up. Also if we just know you are a bagger you will have to move up. No strokes are given for doubles unless you are a B pool Cali and then you get three strokes.
Hey, a friend n I will play next week, in the a pool. do we need to sign up, and what time on thursday?
Next week is 5 PM. The week after is 5:30. Just show up with your cash. I will hopefully have 5 gallons of homebrew with me on Wednesday.
The two leagues I run are doubles events...mostly best shot....other options are combined score, alternating shot, tough shot, or the dreaded worst shot...I never use that one...lmao!!! But is an option

Here are the cost options.

Monday league - $5, $6, $8 or all in at $9 (Purse is mandatory, other stuff optional)
$5 purse
$1 Ace Pool (Pool Carries till someone hits)
$3 CTP's (3 individual $1 CTP's)

Thursday League - $2, $3, $5 or all in at $6 (Purse is mandatory...other...optional)
$2 purse
$1 Ace pool (pool is settled daily. No aces, then metal, basket and up takes it..or CTP after the round if no Aces or metals)
$3 CTP's (3 individual $1 CTP's)

All my CTP's are "All In" ...no pick and choose..your in for all or none. CTP's are randomly picked before the round.
Just moved from denver to california...Darn it!!!
Out here (aka Ann Arbor Area) we have 5 or 6 different leagues.

A3 is the main one that runs singles, Mondays at Rolling Hills and Wednesdays at Hudson Mills every week.

Ypsi Dubs has doubles at Rolling Hills on Tuesday nights and Sunday Morning for $6 buy in with $2 ace pool. They also do $1 CTP challenge to win a growler.

Glow Doubles is Thursday nights at Bandamer but I forget what the buy in is.

24 Chains is Friday nights during the main season, Sunday mornings during the winter. We play all courses in the area and are known to raid other leagues. No buy in unless agreed on by the people playing that day, $1 Ace pool.

I have never played it but 101 runs Kensington on Saturdays and Sunday.
I'm in the process of starting some league stuff here and was wondering if anyone does anything special to raise money for future member player packs and stuff. Also i was concidering rewarding folks who bring new players in, maybe with something like, a free raffle ticket to something small. Like i was thinking about raffleing off discs or something each month maybe to raise small cash to get the club thing started. you guys have been through trial and error of all of these things and thats why I ask. I'm sure I'm naive to some of the things I expect.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968