www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

will this ruin the disc at all when the temp ranges from 0-30 degrees?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack Moore, Maybe. I threw CE Firebirds as my primary drivers for several years so I still have a bunch. My collection is a disorganized mess so it is hard to know just what is in it.

My understanding is the very first run of CE Firebirds were the "FL's", not the F's or FX's. I preferred the F/FX versions because they were more overstable. I have very few FL's. As far as red goes, I never noticed any difference in the flights of CE Firebirds based on color, so I have never paid much attention to that issue.
I've thought about this myself, I can't imagine it woud do that much harm to the discs. Especially if you're out playing in it all day, the discs are going to get just as cold and hit the trees and ground just as hard. I do notice that a lot of my discs are slightly more overstable.
i never take my discs out of my truck ,cold soaking has'nt harmed my discs at all and like it was stated earlier snow doesnt stick as well to the discs when they are cold.so i say feel free to let your discs chill out
this will be my first winter disc golf season so i haven't brain stormed too much on the issue yet. however, as of now the only thing i can think of is to get a cloth sleeve (maybe a modified pillow case) and buying the hand warmers that have the adhesive on one side, stick it to the cloth, and keep your disc stored in there throughout the round. The heating pads would cover about half of the disc, and i believe would keep it relatively warm (they avg out around 130 degrees).

It definitely sounds like a like a pain in the ass, but if you use a backpack it shouldn't be all that bad. Have you tried anything like this yet, or do you think it would work??
I have found that keeping your disc in the car or a cold garage works the best since it won't melt snow......keep em in your trunk during the winter....
If they are stacked upright like in your bag they should be alright, its when they're in a pile that can hurt them in extreme weather.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968