www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I got my first two Cannon's on Wednesday and took them out yesterday for some test throws.

Conditions: Cold with a headwind throwing one way and a tailwind the other. Probably 15-20 miles an hour at some points.

Discs: Orange Proto Icon 175g - Red Grinder Icon 175g

My first impressions are that these discs do in fact bomb, I got solid rips out past my Destroyers. I used a completely open field so exact distances weren't taken, but my Destroyers reach to 400-425 on a consistent hyzer-flip release and the Cannon's were 25-50 feet past them. The Orange Cannon is significantly more stable, I was able to use a hyzer release like I do with the Destroyers and it would flip up flat and just go forever, even with the headwind it didn't flip to much. The red Cannon however was much more understable and flipped over in both wind directions, I had to utilize a sharp hyzer angle with a high launch to give enough room for it to fade out.

The orange Cannon has made a temporary spot in my bag as my all out distance disc until I spend more time with it on a course. I haven't figured out what I will do with the red one yet, it might make a good roller disc and will test that out when the snow goes away.

Anyone else have experience with this disc?

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a link if anybody's interested in trying one out. They're currently on SALE too: http://stores.ebay.com/Hazardiscs-Disc-Golf/_i.html?_nkw=cannon&...

I have been throwing them since October and LOVE them.  They are my go to distance disc.  When i need just raw distance.  They flip up and over and take off then fade back at the end.  Up hill is a great time to use them for their under stability. Keep working them and you will find you use them for more shots then you ever thought you would!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968