www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently played in a tournament with a basket that was on a 6ft. pole. According to the technical standards the rim height should be 82cm +/-6cm above grade when manufactured. Is it then legal to modify it to aid in making a filler hole more difficult? I think not what are your thoughts and who from the PDGA can i speak to before the next event?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I talked about on here before....we have done a hanging basket that requires all in the group to putt out...before the basket is lowered to retrieve the discs. The last place you want to be....is directly under the basket 12+ feet above ya !!!
Interesting that if your mini is directly under the middle of the basket, you can face any direction for your putt. I could see standing with my heel 29 cm from the mini facing away from the basket into the wind and throwing the disc up and backwards over my shoulder hoping to get some help from the wind to put it in. :-)
It's tough...you have to stretch out and pull off a hook shot...Butterfly/Turbo style
I've had a similar shot on #2 at Renny where I put in a 20-footer from below that pin with an overhead upside down shot in a tourney, and that basket isn't even suspended.
Next time we hang it we'll try to remember to get pics...and a actually height.
Sounds sweet...since the Canyon went away we don't have too much natural elevation options around our state : (
Since we lost our very cool 'stump' placements to the Stump grinder from hell....we have been tossing around a couple of ideas.

I want to build it with railroad ties....starting with a 10 foot square base...stair stepping it less two feet each level (10 8 6 4 2) ...sodded. In the center of the last tier..use a Quikcrete form tube to extend it another 24 inches. Approx totaling 54 inches to the locking collar..that will put the top edge of the basket close to 7 feet high.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968