www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, I really want practice with some 'good' people?
Get some tips and help.
hmm...
:D

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the main tip, always practice. But to me, this means going to a courseand trying all sorts of different throws and different discs. You will get better quickly. Also, play with different people and watch what they do. Good luck
First you must find 'good' people, goto your home course and find out if there is a league night there.. If so, just attend leagues. most leagues are full of talented golfers that will teach you all that they can. and from just observing them you'll learn alot.
and practice is key.. allways practice.. rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind... practice..
Seeing as you are from Wyoming, MI I could give you some help this weekend as I will be in town on the 3rd. By town I mean Kalamazoo and will be playing either Osthemo or Robert Morris maybe even both if I have enough time.

I also know that there are some leagues out of Battle Creek just about every day of the week. Not sure what time but they use to be 4pm at Coldbrook.

I am not sure if there are any more leagues that are more local around the G.R. area but if there is check them out they should have a few people there they should be "good".
Get involved. seek out your local club, and information about weekly events. If you don't feel comfortable playing in a tournament yet, just go and watch. Pay attention to how the better players act and how they throw. I know it is a little scary to approach the "good players" , but remember that no one is great at this game right off the bat. Those 'good' players are puting a lot of time into it. Disc golf junkies usually wont pass up an opportunity to show off what they know. Most of them learned it from someone else anyway, and are just passing on the knowledge. Once you leave your comfort Zone you will never go back!
i live in kalamazoo and know a ton of people that play here, and they are all good players. if you ever come to kzoo let me kow.
O' don't listen to him he doesn't know what hes talking about :)
That's just a joke! He would be a good one to take advice from. I got to play with him at the BG Am's this year. He's not bad at all. He knows his stuff. Especially if you want to learn how to throw a thumber.

The best advice I can give you is to watch video's on You Tube. I've learned a lot from them myself. Play them over and over and watch every single movement they make. As far as Jump putts go here is a link to one of the best putters I have ever seen. His name is Eric Roadhouse and he is from here in Louisville. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hF38gxfuc

Also do as everyone else has advised and seek out the best players in your area. Some may give you the cold shoulder and if they do they probably aren't worth learning from in the first place. Otherwise most people are happy to show off the skills and direct you in the right direction.

Another good tip is to throw in open fields. Throw every disc you have, every way you can think to throw them. Figure out what works best, than translate those throws that work into your course game.
Good luck and keep practicing!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968