www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Looking for innovative monthly local fun formats. WE all love singles and doubles but its fun to mix things up now and then. The Ace race is an example of a different fun format (if you don't know about the ACE RACE check out Discrafts web site). Another example, which we did recently, is the CTP Tourney every hole is worth something a prize, gift certificate or even cash. To make it so a super player does not win it all we limited the wins to two holes. Any other cool formats out there your club has tried or wants to?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was walking with 3 good friends playing yesterday, and we were playing captains choice doubles and as a joke I said that it would be fun to play "reverse capt choice". Being that the other team on the card would pick the disc to play for your team. Would teach you to overcome the crappy shots and would for sure be a wonderful chance to screw with your fellow disc golf addicts.

Some of the guys in our club played the Trophy Lakes course yesterday in "reverse" doubles format. Basically they played from basket to basket backwards across the course. They said it was a blast, but on this course it was also brutal, playing some of the holes out there backwards would make some of them pretty damn long.
We sometimes play ambrose.

we play it a bit different to ball golf though normally we let both players in the team drive and then we take alternate shots after that. We will also set up the top pros with the new players and that helps to let people mingle as well as learn something new from there partners.
Ript Revenge monthly would be fun, or a monthly one disc challenge, any disc of your choice.
I like it:
1st round just one disc your choice and you have to drive and putt with the same disc. 2nd round best disc singles
Wev'e done Ript Revenge. Its a good once and a while format.

Mike said:
Ript Revenge monthly would be fun, or a monthly one disc challenge, any disc of your choice.
My friends and I have played one disc skins matches and it was a lot of fun.

David Fultz said:
I like it:
1st round just one disc your choice and you have to drive and putt with the same disc. 2nd round best disc singles
Wev'e done Ript Revenge. Its a good once and a while format.

Mike said:
i like the sound of no one gets a bogey!!

AlternaTour said:
I run a "Deuce or Die" format a couple times a year.
Nothing but deuces and aces count (aces count as 3 deuces).
No putting out and nobody gets a bogey...EVER.
Monthly is done in our club on the first Sunday every month.
There is a chance that everyone wins the championship because it is a handicap system there.
Because it is a fee system, the commodity is prepared within the range.
And, "Roc festival" that does the round only by the Roc1 piece after monthly sometimes ends is executed.
The putter can be used with the Roc 1 piece even if it says.
It does being considerably interested.
We play Wolf when the numbers work out. Prizes are given within each group. One disc is also done sometimes.
Can you explain Wolf ?
We do a play a format we call Black Bart (may have another name), If you Birdie you have to play the next hole from the long Tee. Makes for a good equalizer.

edism said:
We play Wolf when the numbers work out. Prizes are given within each group. One disc is also done sometimes.
Wolf is played best with 5 people. But I have done it with 4 and 6 people also. I found a set of rules at http://www.morleyfield.com/course/othergames.htm The best player doesn't necessarily win. It even works well if you have people of different skill levels. It is also a thinking persons game. There are situations if you play it enough where you don't want to make a putt and purposely miss.
SKINS TOURNEY
Another format we do once a year is the Skins Tourney. We usually have just two divisions A & B and sometimes Ladies. It’s nice to have over 12 players per division. Entry fee payout $ 10.00 per player. The first round is the qualifier round and if you play well you play the next round for high stakes around $7 to $10 per hole depending on turn out. If you play like crap you play for chump change the next round around $1.00 per hole. If you shoot OK somewhere in the middle and so on. We keep the groups at 3 or 4 players if you have more than 5 in a group there is to many pushes. The payout is easy if you have the per hole amount on the score card. So when the cards are turned in you don’t have to do a bunch of math: Example 5 skins @ $7.00per = $35.00 and so on.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968