www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When I got addicted to disc golf, I was playing nearly everyday. I was in school so I would be at the course at strange times during the day, so I played a lot by myself. I was fine with that for a while until I hit an ace and had no one to cheer with... :( The more I played the more familiar faces I began to see. So by the time I was finish with school, I was playing with groups more than playing as a loner... I was just wondering which you prefer? Or are there certain times when either situation would apply?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been playing for about 6 months and at first I played with about 2-3 other people everytime but, due to scheduling conflicts I've been throwing solo for about 3 of those months. The only option I see would be to hit up local clubs on the weekends but, the truth is I am usually in no condition to wake up @8 to meet up at the park on a sat or sun. It isnt as fun when you have to consistently throw by yourself but since Ive been doing it for so long I really enjoy it.
Depending on my work. I like playing so if no one can make it out when i can i play alone. I prefer it that way sometimes. I also like the group thing. just go play and meet new people on the course.
this is what i wanted to say

Griff said:
I like both. Groups of people are fun. Flipin' each other crap as well as back slaps for a great shot. But when I'm on the course by myself it seems a little more zen, if you will. All my thoughts, besides my current shot, fade. Daily hassels and worries gone. It's great time to just relax and at the end of a solo round I just feel a little calmer. I still feel that way in a group, but a little less.
school whats that ive been working too much no time for school

Peter Kunoff said:
If trying to work on my game.....nothing beats a lone wolf round.......get to throw extra shots/ try new lines, etc.......also can really focus without distractions...... much more time efficient.....can get a better work out with a rapid pace of play.....that being said nothing is more fun than a round with some buddies, especially if you take them to school!!!
Garrett Graham said:
school whats that ive been working too much no time for school

Peter Kunoff said:
If trying to work on my game.....nothing beats a lone wolf round.......get to throw extra shots/ try new lines, etc.......also can really focus without distractions...... much more time efficient.....can get a better work out with a rapid pace of play.....that being said nothing is more fun than a round with some buddies, especially if you take them to school!!!
school.....thats were I am taking Glane on a weekly basis!!!!
Pack, I can't remember the last time I played solo. Everytime I try someone wants to join up. Typically always rolling 12 deep

Cricket
However I am able to get my round in. With or with out you it doesn't make any difference to me. I do like the zen of being alone with my thoughts and the course. However "life is more fun when you have company."
Both, I play when ever and where ever I can, but I have noticed that if I am only playing with one other person, my game improves.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968