www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When I got addicted to disc golf, I was playing nearly everyday. I was in school so I would be at the course at strange times during the day, so I played a lot by myself. I was fine with that for a while until I hit an ace and had no one to cheer with... :( The more I played the more familiar faces I began to see. So by the time I was finish with school, I was playing with groups more than playing as a loner... I was just wondering which you prefer? Or are there certain times when either situation would apply?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been playing for about 6 months and at first I played with about 2-3 other people everytime but, due to scheduling conflicts I've been throwing solo for about 3 of those months. The only option I see would be to hit up local clubs on the weekends but, the truth is I am usually in no condition to wake up @8 to meet up at the park on a sat or sun. It isnt as fun when you have to consistently throw by yourself but since Ive been doing it for so long I really enjoy it.
Depending on my work. I like playing so if no one can make it out when i can i play alone. I prefer it that way sometimes. I also like the group thing. just go play and meet new people on the course.
this is what i wanted to say

Griff said:
I like both. Groups of people are fun. Flipin' each other crap as well as back slaps for a great shot. But when I'm on the course by myself it seems a little more zen, if you will. All my thoughts, besides my current shot, fade. Daily hassels and worries gone. It's great time to just relax and at the end of a solo round I just feel a little calmer. I still feel that way in a group, but a little less.
school whats that ive been working too much no time for school

Peter Kunoff said:
If trying to work on my game.....nothing beats a lone wolf round.......get to throw extra shots/ try new lines, etc.......also can really focus without distractions...... much more time efficient.....can get a better work out with a rapid pace of play.....that being said nothing is more fun than a round with some buddies, especially if you take them to school!!!
Garrett Graham said:
school whats that ive been working too much no time for school

Peter Kunoff said:
If trying to work on my game.....nothing beats a lone wolf round.......get to throw extra shots/ try new lines, etc.......also can really focus without distractions...... much more time efficient.....can get a better work out with a rapid pace of play.....that being said nothing is more fun than a round with some buddies, especially if you take them to school!!!
school.....thats were I am taking Glane on a weekly basis!!!!
Pack, I can't remember the last time I played solo. Everytime I try someone wants to join up. Typically always rolling 12 deep

Cricket
However I am able to get my round in. With or with out you it doesn't make any difference to me. I do like the zen of being alone with my thoughts and the course. However "life is more fun when you have company."
Both, I play when ever and where ever I can, but I have noticed that if I am only playing with one other person, my game improves.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968