www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Howdy friends! I am new to DG and totally hooked on Vibram discs...and won't putt with anything else, and am doing well mid range with them...

...but, long distance driving...not so much...

So, am reaching out...does anyone on here get great, long results driving with Vibram...and, how are you doing so? 

Thanks!

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Their putters are pretty well received by many, but they don't make anything above a fairway driver. You simply aren't going to get your MAXIMUM distance with the kind of molds they're making. Many people will throw fairway drivers rather than newer, faster drivers because they feel they can be more consistent, but for true length, I would step outside Vibram. Test the waters. There's lots out there! If you love Vibram for it's plastic.......err....rubber, Try Lat64 or Westside. They make some fantastic feeling plastic in some great, fast, long molds.

a friend of mine got me a lat64 river for christmas and DAMN I love this disk!

discraft

Hazardiscs.com has a huge selection of Latitude 64 discs and Westside too (Lat64 makes Westside's discs). The River is a very popular fairway driver, but if you're looking for distance try the Lat64 Bolt. It's the understable complement to the Halo, so if you're just starting out you'll probably need something with a little more hi-speed turn in order to get some good distance (the Gold line plastic is more understable than the Opto by the way): http://stores.ebay.com/Hazardiscs-Disc-Golf/_i.html?_nkw=bolt&_...

Welcome to Disc Golf!

Innova r-pro plastic is rubbery and new player friendly.  At one time a R-Pro Boss about 150 grams was my longest disc.  Things change and R-Pro beats up and goes understable quickly with use, especially the  max distance drivers.  Vibram doesn't have this issue, but, until they release a decent distance driver, R-Pro drivers might do.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968