www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i've been playing a lot of open courses, and my game is more geared toward long open drives with few obstacles. recently i moved to south alabama, and most of the courses are tight and wooded. what drivers do you recommend for these long straight lanes? my beat up wraith does o.k., but i am working on my accuracy with it.

Tags: courses, drivers, for, long, straight, wooded

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chainsaw. It works perfect everytime.
The JLS is Probably the straightest driver I own. Then Discraft Avenger SS, Innova Monarch these both are straight but do have a slight fade at the end.
I have run into this same problem before. It is not the disc (well mostly not the disc). Lower your testosterone level. We get used to those big arm huge S curve throws and we feel unmanly to take a little off our shot at first. Then I agree with the others about going to a slightly understable disc. I throw a Sidewinder, SL, or an Avenger SS or Surge SS if it is a long drive and head for midrange discs if that is the distance I am looking at. Two well placed shots beat a huge drive into a tree deep in the bush. I'm throwing breakfast down my throat now and off to go tackle this problem myself in 30 minutes.
my most reliable straight shooter is a TL. never fails. no turn, no fade, for me at least
ish said:
my most reliable straight shooter is a TL. never fails. no turn, no fade, for me at least

What weight TL do you use?
I have three discs i like for a shot like this depending on wind also. I like my Champion Eagle star wraith and my beat up star destroyer.
AuS-Discgolfer said:
I have three discs i like for a shot like this depending on wind also. I like my Champion Eagle star wraith and my beat up star destroyer.

You guys have trees in Australia?? j/k

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968