www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Any one have any advice on throwing a shot were the disc breaks to the right, kinda like a big exaggerated C. Some of my friend throw it and it looks like they are really using their body to make the disc fight curve around trees. Thanks.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cock your wrist and snap the hell out of it. little bit of angle on a medium stability disc and with a lil practice you should end up with what your looking for. or at least that works for me. put it up a little high than you would for a hyzer as i dont think they have as much glide when thrown anny.
I use my valkyries to do shots like this as its pretty understable. You have to exaggerate your bodys movement to match the line you want it to follow, usually a pretty high arc, but you still need to get a lot of spin or snap on the disc. It just takes practice If done correctly the disc will fly around the corner before it flattens out and glides gently down in a straight line towards the target.
Have a tried a forehand?
I was taught a trick. As your pulling the disc across your chest (further away from your chest than the norm). Arch your back (lean back). Go's without saying to have a nice anhy angle on the disc. I know every one has their fav. disc for this, and mine is a Champ Panther. Seems to land flat and slide for me. Instead of catching the rim and rolling off, but thats what works for me. Good luck. Or like the other person said. Try a side arm? I can't, but that's another story!
Check out this video, then exagerate the movement and throw it higher....I get great results from my Star Valk and ESP Impact.
http://discraft.com/vid/html/dg05.html
I have and I am really working on that part of my game. That is my weakest part, since the rain stopped I have been practicing forehand regularly.
Try an Innova sidewinder. Even the slightest bit of annie (or even throw it flat) and you'll be lucky if it fades back to the left. My star sidewinder, when thrown flat, will arc right then fade back just enough that it just sits down flat. (just flat far off to the right) I find that if you pivot on your heel instead of the ball of your foot, the disc will have a tendency to turn right. Same line of reasoning that Rescue's talking about. Snap hard and spin hard. The stingray is a stupidly under-stable mid range disc thats worth trying too. I'm not a big fan, but it does have it's uses.
Surge, Flash, Avenger SS, Buzzz, Impact, Meteor, Comet, Glide, Breeze.... You get the point there are a lot of them, just pick something close to, or a little understable and give it a few rips. Anhyzer shots take some practice to get them right more so than a hyzer in my opinion.
Thanks for the great info!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968