www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Who can finesse a Turn-Over shot?

I'm not talking about a big anhyzer, but rather a line that goes out straight 100ft and gradually turns over to the right. 

This is the only shot I really have trouble with.

Usually I will select my DX Wedge (3.5 / 3 / -3 / 1) for shorter turn-over shots. 

For longer turn-over shots I'll use my Star Beast (10 / 5 / -2 / 2).

This is one thing I don't think I have down all the way yet.  High Speed Turn.  

I know what it is, dont know how to predict it. (example: a disc has a predictable high speed turn)

Do you measure High Speed Turn by throwing your under-stable disc at a hyzer angle and watch it flatten out? (hyzer flip)

When is High Speed Turn needed? 

Mostly only for distance? 

Does High Speed Turn have any impact on whether or not the disc has the ability to  hyzer or anhyzer?

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have an older Pro Starfire that is beat up.  It turn right with a nice flight and tracks very steady.  If I an-hyzer a little it will crank around a right turn really fast and keep tracking until it hits something.  It is a lighter weight at 166 and when throw flat will fly straight for about 75 feet and start it's turn.  My total flight pattern is about 15 feet to the left with a RHBH and end up about 10 feet right of the aim point.  I can get the Beast DX to track right and continue right if I throw it with a little an-hyzer, RHBH.  Good luck and if you can't get a BH to turn right learn to flip it.
So would most players agree that if you throw an understable disc hard, with slot of snap and spin it will turn over?
If I do that it'll roll!
i think im gonna try a dx archangel and a wolf. i bet once they get beat they will accoomplish this for us. i would agree with Tate N. the harder i snap the more flip. if i incorporate body motion(high to low swing) then it rolls.
I have an Archangel that did it when it was brand new, now it is a nice roller unless I throw it with about 25 degrees of hyzer. I am not good at rollers yet, so I throw it anni with a lot less speed and it has a nice 'S' curve to it for carving through the trees. But right out of the box it had a nice high speed turn at about 80-100' out and would come back left at 250 and give a nice skip landing at the end.
Tate have you tried throwing forehand? works great for that shot, straight out for 100-200' then nice fade to the right.

You may have to put some anhyzer on it, to keep it in a narrower flight path, and throw it a little higher to give it time to turn over. 

I have found that understable disks take a little longer to turn over and if you really get a good pull and snap release may not turn over until it gets way out there.

I used to only throw forehand and had trouble turning a disc over. I worked and worked on the backhand throw and now use both shots from the tee pad. I agree with Mr. Nugent that maybe this could help.  Just a thought.

I agree it is the easiest way. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968